North America Haas work offsets not accounting for tool offset

Thread: Haas work offsets not accounting for tool offset

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas work offsets not accounting for tool offset

So I go through the whole song and dance of setting my tool Heights off my table with a 123 block and subtract the block height then after I'm done Setting all of my tools i use the last tool i measured to set my G54 Z offset with the 123 block and again subtract the block. After I'm done all of this I do a sanity check by jogging the machine away from the part and typing in to MDI G54 G00 Z0. And for the tool that I set the G 54 with everything is fine but then if I use a different tool technically the machine should go to a different place based on the tool height but the machine goes to the exact same place it did with the previous tool completely ignoring the tool offset. if I try inserting a G 44 into the previously mentioned MDI line the machine Rockets up to 15 inches above the part. This is a new two me machine and I have to wonder if the previous owner had some weird way of setting the tools

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Haas work offsets not accounting for tool offset

In the above example you have not told the machine which tool offset to apply.

Try adding G90 G43 H1

(replace the "1" with what ever tool number offset you want to access)

Rob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tinmancarving View Post
    In the above example you have not told the machine which tool offset to apply.

Try adding G90 G43 H1

(replace the "1" with what ever tool number offset you want to access)

Rob
    thanks for the advice it turned out that it was a combination of that and that the g54 z field worked on the diferance of heights between where you zero your tools and where the top of your stock is and did not work on the machine position as the part zero set function would input