Help hold down small parts

Thread: Help hold down small parts

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Help hold down small parts

Hoping someone here may have a suggestion, right now I have made a small vacuum box to hold 6"x 48" pcs of wood that Im cutting out parts for a friend if I try to cut them without tabs after 12 to 16 are cut I lose vacuum and things start shifting trying to cut 25 out of the wood , I can cut with tabs but then lose quantity of parts being able to machine out of wood down to 15, I use a shop vac which supplies a great amount of hold down but as holes are exposed I lose hold down, wood using a solid sheet of Mdf top skimmed off with a 7.5 HP vain pump supply any more holding force? would appreciate all comments parts are about 9" long 3/4" at widest point.
    Thanks all in advance

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help hold down small parts-20170901_142224_1504363566606-jpg   Help hold down small parts-20170902_104505_1504363566446-jpg   Help hold down small parts-20170902_104510_1504363566228-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help hold down small parts

Small parts can be a challenge. Considering your situation I think I'd try foregoing vacuum and secure with double sided tape. My strategy might be to place 3 or 4 strips of double stick (starting across the ends) and then place small clamps over the end pieces to really "bond" them during cutting. You could also use the "onion skin method, where you set your z travel to NOT cut all the way through and leave a thin membrane to keep your vacuum intact. Others might have other ideas.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help hold down small parts-tape-stragedy-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply I have tried tape ran the length to catch all parts sometimes it worked sometimes not I am now trying the combination of tabs and a .020 onion skin so far so good hoping I can get rid of the tabs in the next step and just rely on the vacuum and onion skin , less clean up, Thanks again will let you know how i make out

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Check out this video on You Tube about holding parts to your spoil board without double sided tape, clamps, screws etc. I tried it and it works really great.