Europe Best 5 Axis CNC machines for wood

Thread: Best 5 Axis CNC machines for wood

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Best 5 Axis CNC machines for wood

Dear All,

I would like to know your expert advice for the best 5 axis CNC devoted to wood craft. It is to be used to make fine music instruments.
    We have been looking to machines like Artist from Bacci: Technology for Design since 1918 or Pade Chrono Solo Pade - Macchine per legno | Macchine per legno

Do you have better advices ?

Thank you in advance

Jorge

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Best 5 Axis CNC machines for wood

I have a lot of advice/experience/ideas.
    But..
    It ALL depends on what YOU need to do, make, speed, size, accuracy.

What size pieces ? How many ? What cam ? What skills do You have ?
    What tooling ?
    What post-processing / handling / logistics ?

E.
    1-4 / month artistic is one thing, in 1.5 m max length, "wood". Made as-is.
    0.5-1 / month master mold, for 5-axis jet deflector casting blank, "wood". Mold blank.
    50 / month "xxx" bodies for "nnn".

All 3 options can be equally valuable / valueless, upto 30-60k++ € / month in production You make, perhaps.

Tacci or Pade are not especially accurate, cheap, or well-known.
    This does *not* make them poor options.
    Honestly - as an ex. commercial/technical manager in the area.

You need to define YOUR needs/desires/market.
    Mostly, a solution from any provider, that is ideal for YOUR business, is likely to be the best business case for You.

It will be, typically, 2x more expensive than a "machine" of equivalent capacity.
    But it will, typically, produce 10x more gross margin pre-tax profits for you, after machine payments, than any other option, over 5 years.

You don´t want the "best machine" .. You want the "best solution for Your company".

It is *extremely hard* to evaluate manufacturing tools/cnc/processes.
    A lot of of sales people/companies are not really honest in projecting solutions.
    - I used to work for one that was, as an executive..

I dont sell machines, nor rep any company.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Sir,

I'm incredibly grateful for your reply! Do you think we could communicate in private so I can give you more details of what we are doing and what we are looking for? I believe you can really give us precious help in this project.

Thank you very much!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Best 5 Axis CNC machines for wood

Hola, ahora e visto que usted es espagnol ? Jo hablo espagnol (pero my espagnol escrito es muy malo) ....

It is difficult to talk about this here in public place because much of it needs to stay confidential ...

But here some points:

1) the wood parts we need to care are never too big. We have parts for example :

900mm length x 120mm width x 70mm height.
    500mm length x 400mm width x 2mm height.
    200mm length x 90mm width x 30mm height.
    100mm length x 20mm width x 15mm height.

etc.

2) We need to have a 5 axis (not only 3 axis) because some parts need cutting angles from the side (curved shapes that will be assembled together).

3) We do small productions. We dont need machines to make high productions. But we need the best precision existing today in the market. What our products need is perfection, high quality finishings.

4) We will have a CNC operator, specialized. It won't be me or luthiers doing that job.

I believe we need are the ones usually used to make legs and and chairs. We need not CNC that are specialized on flat parts.

If you think is possible, could you leave me an email so we discuss further by email? Again, I can not give much precision here because of confidentiality clauses of the company.

Thank you so much for your kind help!

Last edited by musiccnc; 08-20-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Bom dia! Muito obrigado!
    Como falei com o seu colega, infelizmente não posso dar muitos detalhes aqui em publico sobre o que nos necessitamos. Apenas posso dizer o seguinte:
    1) procuramos uma maquina 5 axis que tenha as maiores capacidades de trabalho em termos de fineza e detalhe. Não necessitamos rapidez porque realizamos pequenas produções. Mas o que fazemos é topo de gama. Queremos passar do trabalho manual ao trabalho CNC.
    2) Teremos um operador CNC especializado.
    Um abraço e muito obrigado!

Last edited by musiccnc; 08-20-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Again, the type of CNC I believe we need are the ones usually used to make legs and and chairs. We need not CNC that are specialized on flat parts.
    I dinde know Essetre. It looks also interesting their machines for the curved parts : Curved pieces | Essetre S.r.l. - Macchine per la lavorazione del legno
    They look already smaller then the Page and Bacci ones.

Again, we look for something small compact highest precision in the market 5 axis wood CNC, to be able to do complex wood small parts.
    For example, some parts are so delicate that we need to use measurement detectors before the CNC starts carving : Palpeur de mesure /
    Thank you again!

Last edited by musiccnc; 08-20-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Someone sent me a message saying that "Metal cutting machines will be more precise than traditional wood cutting CNC machines. However, your work envelope will be much smaller than a large gantry system specialized for wood cutting.".
    In our case would you advise a high precision metal machine? Is that possible, to work wood with such machines? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!