Help! Added ebay 4th axis and now no motion ESS SmootStepper/ C-25S

Thread: Help! Added ebay 4th axis and now no motion ESS SmootStepper/ C-25S

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help! Added ebay 4th axis and now no motion ESS SmootStepper/ C-25S

Hello all.

After months of successful operation X,Y & Z axis bought one of those 4th axis belt drives. Used in on one pass and suddenly no motion on X axis then Y axis went down a day later. Thought there may be harmonic problems but don't think so. Initially motors were binding, now nothing. For a while I could jog the Y, Z and A then the Y dropped out still could jog the A and Z. Replaced one of the motors with a good spare still nothing. Eventually nothing jogged. Suspected the BOB, replaced with the G-25S still there is proper current but nothing, wondering if I have a problem with the steppers.

Original config was ESS Smooth stepper, Keling C-10, 3 K-5056 and one K-8070 all nema 2 - 23 and 1- 34 were fro Keling. The motor on the axis is 3.5A 57 stepper.which I thought could be the probem.

Changed out the C-10 to the CNC4PC C-25S that sits on the the ESS, reduces foot print. Have 5V on the pins have checked it out very thoroughly. have 48 volts at the steppers roughly 46 volts at the motors, Resistance looks fine on the motors even tried a spare.

It appears the C-25S is sending signals, all leds are green smooth stepper leds are correct. even tried removing the 4th axis.

Any thoughts? Motors do not turn at all anymore and they do lock when powered.

I have ordered Gecko stepper drivers which I was planning to do anyway. All on a G-0704.

Running successfully in windows 10 with Mach 3 v66. Diagnostics indicate there are no problems, and when I jog Mach 3 shows axis movement.

Really puzzled, thinking about removing 4th axis altogether and starting from scratch. Thought about changing out the 4th axis motor. Eventually will move to Mach4.