Starting a new business

Thread: Starting a new business

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Starting a new business

I'm starting a new leather goods business, and learning as much as possible before I do so! :-)

I've been looking at water jet and laser to use to cut down leather to patterns, but am now reading about knife cutters.

I think water jet might be out of my price range, so I'm thinking of going with a laser cutter (I'll have to cut canvas and other fabrics as well)

Any suggestions on what solution might be the best for cutting leather patterns at scale?

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Starting a new business

I've seen a laser used to cut very complicated patterns in leather. But there's probably some variation in how well it works with various types and thicknesses of material. I'd suggest working up a sample project in a material you're likely to be using a lot, and sending it to a laser-cutter to see how well it works. If you can watch (and sniff around) while it's happening, you'll get a better idea of how bad the fumes are, and what's done to exhaust them.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]