Hello From Cushing, WI

Thread: Hello From Cushing, WI

wisconsinjimmy

Default Hello From Cushing, WI

Name is Jim, I am retired from driving over the road, I purchased this Chinese cnc 3020T machine thinking I was getting a good deal and came to realize it was not a good deal and that I paid a premium price for scrap aluminum . So I am hoping I can get it to work with some Planet - CNC parts. This is a new adventure
    Regards
    Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hello From Cushing, WI

Jim,
    Trust me you are not the first person who had this unfortunate experience. I have a friend who ordered a machine from China and the picture of the machine was really impressive looking. When it arrives parts were falling out the card board box and when we put it all together you could tell the holes for bolts were all done with a hand drill. He spent about $2500 which really upset him. We got the machine working but it was not square, we worked and got it close but he finally decided to make all new parts paying someone to cut these parts of of aluminum on a good cnc machine. Now he has spent probably another $1500 but he has a very nice machine. I pays to ask around about these various suppliers for sure. A few people did find some companies in China who made some reasonable machines.

Good Luck and welcome to the new adventures in your life with CNC. It is actually a fun hobby.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jim,

A NC newer here. Great site with some helpful advice.

I purchase a Chinese 6012 machine but it's not here yet.....anther long story.

I used to work for a great company in Cushing back in the early '80s as their East Coast Tech Rep. Of course that was so long ago Cushing was in OK back then. Guess it just kept getting too hot down there!

wisconsinjimmy

Cushing, OK is still there Cushing, WI is a small farming town with 2 bars and a feed mill and that is all.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd choose Cushing, WI then. Back in the day Cushing, OK didn't have a single bar.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi if you are having technical difficulties in setting up I guess we can help here and I think were better than a chinese technical support, does your unit came with a brushless spindle?

Downloads
    Uploads

My machine has still not gotten here. I order a 2.2kw spindle but failed to ask if it was brushless. I should have but just forgot. I'll try to find out before it gets here.

Thanks!