Australia which CNC machine would i need - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which CNC machine would i need

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: which CNC machine would i need

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Tell me about the electronics and controller, please.
    What drivers for the motors - included or extra (how much)?
    Pulse engine - GRBL? What drives that and how?
    I could see the electronics costing 2x the HW.

Cheers
    Roger
    On the 1610?
    Simple stuff. A single board called a woodpecker, uses step sticks a la 3d printer. Came loaded with grbl, and I found the older version of candle works better than the even older grbl they sent. Power supply is a 24vdc laptop type. Also came with artcam 2008 and a circuit board program. Was seriously plug and play. I did add home switches later on, and turned on the soft limits. I did a full review on Amazon with software versions and actual squareness numbers for the axis. Mysweety 1610 was the item on amazon.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Blimey!
    Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Pant....Pant......drool.......sigh.....I keep getting the insane desire to buy one of those just to mess with it......every time I see small intricate carvings and engravings on UTUBE done on similar machines like the ubiquitous 3020's the itch to spend a dollar is there.

The big attraction is that it's a moving table type, right up my alley.

There's a guy on UTUBE called Myfordboy who has a number of videos about how he completely reworked one of these machines....that's an understatement as he almost remade it completely.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

The biggest drawback on the little ones like I have is the "spindle". Just uses a 775 motor, and the motor bearings as spindle bearings with a cheapo brass adapter to 1/8. I bought a er 11 for it to try and stiffin it up a bit, but with my move going on, no time to play, and the new house doesn't have the shop built yet.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, in the spindle area I think I would look at a 400Mw spindle that comes with anER11 chuck and power supply.

As you start to improve or upgraded the package, the package starts to get more pricey than the original buy.

I don't think the original motor bearings or the motor itself will last the course and that would completely shut down the system if they go bad.

In the end the original package at the price reflects the usage that you can expect for that price, otherwise the sane thing would be to build one just like it but with enhanced characteristics from the word go and for Mach 3......that takes out the fun aspect of the little cheapie......why expect a kid to do a man's job.
    Ian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12