We gone thru 8 cnc Dept managers in this co.i n 8 years or so. I recently started a job with. I have noticed one thing Everytime one leaves the place gets screwed with its setup and operators looking at what we do now. Most of these cnc managers as their called get paid big bucks now the new guy is at $+40 an hour and it's salary as well. Only have 6 machines 4 mills and two cnc lathes. New guy comes and only uses Surfcam but our shop has a Mastercam with level 2 mill and cnc lathe and solids. But this guy says I own a co. I do programming on the side, I'm thinking I'm like yeah OK sure. Does programs for his old co. We got this guy cause our old manager quit and he got swapped with our other cnc programming / manager. he was doing molds at other co. And scrapped alot or every one of them needed to be welded or repaired. Regardless he was not a mold maker as he found out. My question is I feel these big $ guys always have the co. By its balls. And are all encompassing wanna do everything control everything then they give notice and everyone looking at each other saying what the f just happened. I personally think it's going to happen again this jack ass already talking how his old co. Has better benefits and offers alot more for less and his son works there. When this happens the co. Manager says I'll be next to take over since they like my work ethic and they trust me. I appreciate that but my programming skills are not up like this new guy. What u guys think? I'm thinking this place wants people to work not be managers and get by with sitting around its a 4 guy shop not big at all. Us machinist are kind of not as organized or watch out for each other like most other occupation such as welders from unions I'm personally sick of being a machinist and doing this type of work. Usually machinist have big egos and run each other over. For titles and etc. I'm sick of seeing it. Or they stick it to the co. With want to get paid and etc. Our old manager was getting 36 an hour this new guy he's taking home $1200-$1300 a week I'm just like wow and using bootleg software. And owns a co. He does programing on the side. I'm like thinking he's a bull**** artist. He got canned from his old job cause he did never do a 40 hour week since he started. And every mold was having to be repaired and or scrapped. Anyway this place here it's much easier parts and laid back compared to his old job. But he drives 45-minutes to an hour to work everyday. That's nuts to me. The co. President wants at least 50 hours out if this guy but he'll never get that he leaves cause of traffic will get bad lol it does get bad at 5. What u guys think