Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D machining on homemade CNC router

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3D machining on homemade CNC router

Hi Everyone,
    Greetings!
    I've been struggling to find the solution to my 3D machining]incremental rise (attached photo). I've tuned presicely my motors in Mach 3 but still gets the same results. Is there anyone who have the idea why I am seeing this anomaly? I am new on this field I would appreciate any input on this matter. Thank you in advance and good day everyone.

4x8cncrouter
    Jess Juliano

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3D machining on homemade CNC router-img_20170524_185117-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3D machining on homemade CNC router

Plunging too fast and losing steps? Acceleration set too high?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there Jim! Thank you for the comments. Yes I have set my acceleration to the maximum. I will lower it down then right now and will know the result in few hours. Thank you Jim again.

Jess Juliano

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you measured whether the bed is actually level with the X and Y axes?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dharmic! I built my router in 2 years time and begun working with it 6 months ago and leveled it up before hand. But by its look alone right now seems a bit off. You're right I need to check weather it was still leveled. The router is made out of steel and quite heavy that it might haved moved a bit. Thanks Dharmic for the input. My appreciation.

Jess Juliano

Last edited by imaJess; 05-29-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Jim here is my setting on the Z- axis. On the actual cutting there was still no changes. What settings would you recommend? Thanks Jim.

Jess Juliano

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3D machining on homemade CNC router-img_20170530_093720-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

If changing the acceleration did not help, then maybe try lower feed speed. Is it possible that there is a mechanical problem with the Z axis, maybe a loose coupling on the motor or lead screw? Mechanical sticking on the rails?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by imaJess View Post
    Hello Jim here is my setting on the Z- axis. On the actual cutting there was still no changes. What settings would you recommend? Thanks Jim.

Jess Juliano
    You must change your micro stepping and lower the steps per value. 170000 (more than that, but the picture is really bad so I can't see exactly...) seems to be extremely high, especially if you are using the parallel port. Do you have the same on all three axes as on the Z? What's the point of having set to that value? Describe your machine. Without that we are all in the dark.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you running in inches or mm? Even if it's inches, 7.728 per minute is awfully slow, even for a Z axis. Is that as fast as it will go? Are the other axes tuned the same?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi A_Camera I only tried to set as suggested by Jim. Awerby yes I set my machine in incehes. Yes it could faster than that but not so much on the Z axis.
    Here are are some pictures of my machine that I took awhile ago.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

photos of my machine

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3D machining on homemade CNC router-img_2624-jpg   3D machining on homemade CNC router-img_2625-jpg   3D machining on homemade CNC router-img_2626-jpg   3D machining on homemade CNC router-img_2627-jpg  

3D machining on homemade CNC router-img_2628-jpg   3D machining on homemade CNC router-img_2629-jpg   3D machining on homemade CNC router-img_2630-jpg   3D machining on homemade CNC router-img_2642-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Interestingly looking machine, thanks for the pics. Unfortunately, I see many sources of possible errors. Chain/sprocket, belt, bearings, liner guides, spindle... all must be checked and I think all of those have some flexing/play/backlash in them. I simply think you have several mechanical problems, adding all the small ones together create serious inaccuracies.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I tried to fixed my machine with all the suggestions given but still the Z axis is climbing in 3D machining. I can use it though in 2d cutting. I have another unexpected problem though this afternoon while machining wherein the X axis stepper motor suddenly loses power while running. The Y and Z axis continue to move though. What seems to be the problem here? Thank you in advance for any input why it stopped. Please...

Downloads
    Uploads

Z axis climbing is almost always due to the acceleration being set too high. If your Z is only capable of 7ipm, it's very underpowered..

As for the X. First thing I'd look at is wiring, than the drive and motor.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Ger21 for the quick reply. I will check the wiring thoroughly tomorrow morning.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Everyone, This is Jess again asking for your thoughts about my driver problems. I found out that the driver in the X axis was busted or give in. I replaced it with a new one but I only used it only for a month. Just awhile ago it stopped working. My driver is the DQ2722MA 7A. What do you think is causing my drivers die? Or are these maybe defective? 3 defectives already in a row

Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like those are AC drives. Do you have the right transformer for them?

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes Sir they are AC drives. 110-230volts. I'm not using any transformer for them. We have 220 v power grid.

Downloads
    Uploads

Your steppers are in range of the drive outputs?

If they are using raw power from the electrical service, any number of things can effect them. Low voltage periods. Intermittent outage. Surges from close lightning strikes. Other equipment causing surges when they start etc.
    I don't know all I would like to about electrical and electronics, but with that many dead drives on what appears to be decent quality, I would double check the circuits, drives and motors for specs as well as physical wiring.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Leeway for the thought. I forgot to mentioned that I am using an automatic voltage regulator for them together with my machine's computer. I believed though your assessment on what caused their dying prematurely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast