230v to 400v - with supply of 208v 3ph

Thread: 230v to 400v - with supply of 208v 3ph

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 230v to 400v - with supply of 208v 3ph

Got an electrical question... looking for reassurance or insights.

Setting up a CNC Bender. The machine has a transformer on it that lists 230v input 3ph. The transformer then boosts to 400v to run the machine. My supply voltage is 208v. My electrician says I will be fine without any buck/boosters. While I have used this electrician for years... and dont want to question them, I figured I would open this up to strangers for insights.

I know the general rule of +/- 10%... but I have only heard this when you hooking directly to a motor. Since this setup is going to a transformer first, does the same rule still apply? Also, the motor on this machine is a servo motor (German machine) and not sure if makes a difference since it does not run constant. better, worse, no difference?

I should mention... I have other equipment rated at 220v running on this 208v without any problems. But these are wired direct to the motors (standard, not servo motors).

Thanks for any insights,