Any inkscape users here?

Thread: Any inkscape users here?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Any inkscape users here?

Anyone here use Inkscape to generate Gcode for engraving/plotting? I keep getting error trying to save the gcode.

Chuck

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Any inkscape users here?

Quote Originally Posted by chucketn View Post
    Anyone here use Inkscape to generate Gcode for engraving/plotting? I keep getting error trying to save the gcode.

Chuck
    I use inkscape but not to generate code.
    I do my drawing then save as .dxf (I also save as .svg for future editing tweaking)
    I then import into Sheetcam (free BTW) and let it generate the code for my machine.
    Sheetcam has a large number of post processor options.
    The free version is limited to the amount of code it will let you generate, if I exceed the limit I break apart my inkscape drawing and save it as two three or sometimes four or five files.
    The purchase price for the full version of Sheetcam is under $200.00 a bargain for a CAM software. that will eliminate the multiple files. Note that Sheetcam is primarily for Plasma and Laser, But I'm guessing if you are using Inkscape you are
    you probably have a plasma cutter. Also Sheetcam will let you know what is wrong with your drawing so you can go back and edit or delete nodes to clean it up and make it G-code friendly.

If you are not familiar with Sheetcam a website called arclight dynamics has video tutorials for it, they also have tutorials for Inkscape, well worth checking out.

Tell me what engraver you have and I can look to see if Sheetcam has a postprocessor for it

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Any inkscape users here?

I use the Inkscape plugin to save G code and then run a small CNC router to engrave with. Also send gcode to my Linuxcnc converted Vanguard 3200. What is you problem?

John C
    carpenterswoodworking.com