HELP!!!!!!!

Thread: HELP!!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry HELP!!!!!!!

Hi everybody.
    I purchased a Chinese CNC router but I received no installation instructions, and the softwares I was given are corrupted (NC Studio an Artcam pro 8.1).
    No way to make the computer and the router communicate, no way to turn the router on...
    Since I'm absolute beginner in that, can somebody propose me a precise step-by-step guide (video or PDF) to install my router.
    My computer turns under windows 7 64 bits with 4Gb RAM and HDD 250 Gb and 750 Gb, with an ATI RAdeon 4800 HD video card 1Gb memory.
    I attach some pictures of the router on site.
    Thanks in advance for any contribution.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP!!!!!!!-img_20170504_123041-jpg   HELP!!!!!!!-img_20170504_133435-jpg   HELP!!!!!!!-img_20170504_133425-jpg   HELP!!!!!!!-img_20170504_133446-jpg  

HELP!!!!!!!-img_20170504_133504-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HELP!!!!!!!

Is that green and white thing someone is leaning on the router you actually bought? See that big red button? turn it in the direction of the arrows and it should at least switch on.

Downloads
    Uploads

Your machine appears to be a standard three axis machine equipment with a VFD and Spindle. It also appears to have no built in CNC control, but I see a 25 pin cable so that seems to indicate this cnc machine will run from a parallel port in a desktop PC. Unless software came with the machine you will need to get some software, the most common software is Mach3. You can actually test your machine with this software without buying the license to make sure it actually works. If they did not provide any instructions you will need to examine the 25 pin breakout board that you took a picture of carefully. Wires from that connection block will have some standard signals. Step and Direction for each axis; Step X, Step Y, Step Z, Dir X, Dir Y, Dir Z. You might want to look in the machine to make sure no other controller is inside. If you download the Mach3 CNC manual you will be able to see the standard connections and you will need to trace the wires to verify they followed the common standard. The VFD controls the spindle turning it on and off and the speed. This is normally controlled by another little card, so trace the wire coming from the VFD and see where they lead. The main cable from the VFD will go to the spindle motor. You will be able to get this machine working but it will take some effort on your part. You might want to send the seller an email and ask for the manual for your machine.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with the previous post.One note: Mach 3 does not work with 64-bit Windows. You'll have to use 32-bit or use Mach4, I believe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Just the fact a router has a printer port on it is no assurance it is not a USB controlled devise. In which case it will respond to 64 bit Windows. Its just the CAD/CAM software that is going to be an issue. Mach3 is not the be all and end all of software. Its just been around a long time. Myself, unburdened with any need to use any particular software bought Vcarve which saves G-codes. These can be imported into many types of controllers. I've never seen a machine like this Green monster that actually came from China with 6" square legs. I think until we hear from the OP, whatever we have to say is all speculation. What say you CNCMAN172?