CNC Plasma Table

Thread: CNC Plasma Table

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Plasma Table

Hello , I'm new here and I wish to build a 4x8 cnc plasma table .I already have a Miller 875 auto line plasma cutter and I wont use it for cutting. My thing is what is the best gantry an stepper motor setup and where to buy it? As a welder I plan on building my own table so any ideas would be great thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Plasma Table

If I were going to do that, I would buy a used 4x8 router and set the frame on top of your table. That way you have everything pre-build and it just drops in. The only real difference between a plasma table and a router is the table. I bought my 4x8 router for $1500, and another member here just picked up a 4x8 for $2500. You couldn't build one for those prices. Start checking Craigslist and Ebay, be prepared to do a controls conversion on older machines.

Then it's just a matter of getting the Z axis to run as a torch height control. To avoid electrical noise on the controls, keep your torch cables well separated from the table control cables, preferably come from overhead with the torch cable.