Blueprint to gCode conversion?

Thread: Blueprint to gCode conversion?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Blueprint to gCode conversion?

So my manufacturing degree requires one class of CNC. Just one! Not even a class in CAM..... CAM is for a different degree called Automated Manufacturing which doesn't make sense. CNC should just be paired with CAM and not be a requirement for Manufacturing.

I just want to be a manual machinist, that's it. Though I was given a project and was told it will take a whole to semester to program. My question is, can anyone convert the blueprint I linked to gCode for me? I'll donate sum money to your paypal account afterwards. :|

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blueprint to gCode conversion?-endplatepicture-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Blueprint to gCode conversion?

If you have a better picture it would be possible to convert. The text and dimensions are not readable.

If you have that in a dxf format it would take about 20 minutes (or less) to create the G-code. I can't imagine it would take a whole semester to write the G-code for that. With a little bit of study, you could hand write the G-code for that part in one evening. The only codes you need to use for that part is G0, G1, G2, G3, and G81 If you want I'll help you through it.

If I were in your position, I would plug that jpg into a free online jpg to dxf converter, then download CamBam (free 40 use trial), and create the G-code from the dxf. Your cost is zero, and you will learn some new skills.

I was a manual machinist for 40 years before I learned CNC stuff, it opened up a whole new world. I can do stuff today that I would not have touched with a manual machine. Learning a little about CNC machining will only make you a better machinist because it makes you think ahead.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is a manufacturing degree?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unscaled version: https://ibb.co/mYSX8v

I'll try the JPG to DXF converter then CAMBAM and see if it works. Though I'm skeptical that a program is that sophisticated enough it can detect numbers in a picture.

I have around 8 classes this semester so I cant spend too much time on a subject I don't really need. If I were to be a CNC operator then I'd choose an Automated Manufacturing degree instead.

Quote Originally Posted by kdoney View Post
    What is a manufacturing degree?
    A paper that tells employers you can manufacture stuff.........

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Donate afterwards? how much?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A paper that tells employers you can manufacture stuff.........

Actually its a paper that shows you passed the course, there is no guarantee such a person can make anything.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtec View Post
    Donate afterwards? how much?
    For you it's only 0.0001 since you only started posting after.... 8 years.....

Downloads
    Uploads

Much better picture, it is readable.

No, the converter will not ''read'' the numbers. You will have to scale the part once it's converted to a dxf, it could come out of the converter at almost any size, and will proabaly be metric.

That part is so simple it might just be easier to redraw it in CamBam, but the CAD functionality in CamBam is a bit clunky, or use the CAD program of your choice. There is all kinds of free CAD programs on the internet. Oh, and all of the Autodesk software is free to students.

Last edited by Jim Dawson; 02-12-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cncN00bster View Post
    For you it's only 0.0001 since you only started posting after.... 8 years.....
    do it your self then, been programming for over 30 years

I would redraw in Autocad and post it Surfcam or Mastercam (I have all 3)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Only a month left of this bullcrap course I do not need and I still haven't started on this lab project. I finished the midterm though.

All my other classes are good to go. I just need to pass this bullcrap course so I can graduate this May.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtec View Post
    do it your self then, been programming for over 30 years

I would redraw in Autocad and post it Surfcam or Mastercam (I have all 3)
    How much you charging for this super easy job? I'm assuming this is like a 5 minute job to you. If your g-code gets me at least 4 out of 5 points (the instructor will test the code with wax material instead of metal), I have a lathe project and a circular interpolation drilling/tapping project that I'll need translated to g-code too.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cncN00bster View Post
    Only a month left of this bullcrap course I do not need and I still haven't started on this lab project. I finished the midterm though.

All my other classes are good to go. I just need to pass this bullcrap course so I can graduate this May.

I have a lathe project and a circular interpolation drilling/tapping project that I'll need translated to g-code too.
    I guess that still gives you a little time to get up to speed in CAD and CAM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    I guess that still gives you a little time to get up to speed in CAD and CAM.
    Nope because I have to study for the final exam which is based on a 1000 page textbook. A bunch of CNC jargon and what kind of machines there are out there, etc. that I have to study for. No time for anything else.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP ME YOU ********!

I'll beat up someone for you if you help me pass this course.