Hi All… As some are aware, I’m getting lose to completing my backyard workshop, it’s 12X21, with a 6” concrete poured floor, because my shop will have not only woodworking tools, but some metal working tools as well, ...a BF20Lv Milling Machine, as well as an aluminum / steel build 30 X 50 CNC router… noise is a factor, therefore I am making the building as ‘Sound Proof” as I can… I am using resillwent channel on the walls and ceilings, to cut down on vibration…. also… all the “Contact Points” where the drywall meets the R Channel are having foam inserts sandwiched between… that and some good ole’ ‘Cross My fingers and hope for the best. So here’s my question, I will be building several work benches around the walls of the shop….also the Milling machine comes with a metal stand…. now what I’m wondering is…. should the benches…. in particular the CNC router, and the Stand for the milling machine…simply rest on the floor, or be bolted on….also… would I be better off cutting heavy foam mats ( in either the resting or bolting scenario ) and sandwiching them between the Benches / stands and the concrete floor? keep in mind that sound is of course vibration…and I don’t really know much about how vibration travels through floor. Any help / suggestions or advise, is greatly appreciated… I want the shop to be as soundproof as possible… but I don’t want to waste time and or money incorporating something that’s not going to help with sound.

Cheers

Paul

Imacman