North America Another Newby!

Thread: Another Newby!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Another Newby!

Hi everyone! I'm not retired yet, and don't plan to, but am working on reducing the travel and building some business that involves my personal interests and doing things I enjoy. So to that end, I have ordered an American made CNC machine to start learning how to build guitars.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rod Claar
    Salem, Oregon

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Another Newby!

Hi Rod,

My name is Billy and I build guitar amps. I don't know what type of guitars you have in mind to build but I think CNC is the way to go. I know Tom Anderson pretty well who is a builder of high quality electric guitars. He has done very well after he started using CNC machines to build with. I am a complete newbie to using CNC. I bought a Sherline mill some time back but never learned to use it. I now need to learn because I want to use it to make turret boards.

The little I have experimented with CNC has proven to not be real easy to learn. I am just now beginning to get a basic handle on the process. I hope you find your way through all this and best wishes for your new adventure.

Cheers,

Billy