Welcome thread-tell us about you. - Page 379

Page 379 of 418 FirstFirst ... 279329369376377378379380381382389 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,580 of 8343

Thread: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hi Everyone,

I an new to CNC machinery. I just bought a desktop CNC milling/ engraving router 3040T. To be honest, after the CNC machine arrived I came to the conclusion I did't do enough research about the software. I managed to the get my hands on Mach 3. but I still have a lot of questions.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: About Me

hi i am a dutch hobbyist
    there is also a dutch cnc forum like this one
    so i go to the dutch site
    see you there!
    greetings, Dré Jansen

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everyone!

Let's start learning!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I inherited a Cam5 laser machine from my Dad after he passed suddenly last year. I joined to see what I can learn about it. Nice to meet you all!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i m new learner, but love to learn cnc.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All,
    I am an industrial engineer with the same company for 32 years. I also run a small manual machine shop behind my home. I have programmed and repaired various CNC's since 1986 when er acquired our first Mazak lathe.
    I enjoy creating equipment from scratch.
    Hopefully I can share my new personal project in the near future when the assembly starts. It is a multi-mode 120" x 60" x 12" router, plasma and torch machine with a 4th axis. Steel's all cut, just need time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am a Mechanical Engineer in the oil industry.
    My company makes sub-sea acoustic release devices and Oceanographic Winches.

Our shop currently runs a tired old Fadal 4020 and a bunch of older manual machines. The shop is looking to upgrade.
    I own a Grizzly G0705 with a DRO and power feed, and use it to make aluminum car parts for myself and friends as a hobby.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All: I'm your typical jack of all trades and master of none However back in the 90's I was a master of one trade (from which comes my screen name) but that is a long story. About 6-7 years ago I was running my own Home repair and remodel company here in the Ozark mountains of North central Arkansas, one of my customers owned a small tool and die shop, he asked me to come work for him as he thought I would pick it up quickly. So I did, He pushed me to learn an EDM wire feed cnc machine, don't remember the brand. I was also learning to run a Haas VM2 and VM3, got to the point of doing all of my own setups and program runs, was learning Solid works and Gibbs cam but those came slowly. The EDM machine and I did not get along at all it was a very touchy machine, one day after working for him for about 5 months and making a pretty bad (expensive) mistake on that machine he let me go. But I had been bitten by the machine shop bug and knew I wanted to stay in that line of work. Sadly no in the area was hiring, so it was back to wood working (for the last 5 years) which I know very well. This last winter My boss bought out the machine Shop (that was closing its doors) that made all of the machine parts we use in our product line. She knew I had some cnc experince and asked me if I would be willing to try and setup the new machine shop and get it running. I told her I would give it my best shot. The shop consists of 5 machines 2 manual (Sharp lathe and a Bridgeport mill) a mid sized horizontal bandsaw, and 2 cnc machines (Hass VM2 and a 1986 Dainichi BX45 lathe) All are up and running and in use except the Dainichi which is why I am joining this site. As a hobbist about 1 1/2 years ago I bought a 1945 South Band 9a lathe at an auction and tore it down to every nut and bolt cleaned it and painted it and play with it every chance I get (did a series of videos on youtube on the rebuild) I also like blacksmithing and am working into casting some metal hopfully this winter.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello friends. My name is Fatih. I have a company that manufactures automotive chrome exterior accessories. I am subscribed to this forum for having milltronics Centurion 7. I produce molds of chrome accessories that I make with this machine. It is a bit difficult to find the technical service of this machine here, so I hope that I can benefit from this forum very much. More power your elbow, see you again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Alo Every1,

I'm an expert Rhino 3d user who has supported clients in getting their products from idea to CNC. I am now embarking on moving my own ideas to my CNC. Building a machine that I plan to evolve as appropriate. My goal is prototyping and proof of concept that when satisfied can be distributed out to others for production runs.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone

I am super new to machining, especially CNC machining, but I am loving it. I hope to meet some people and learn from all of you who are willing to teach.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all, I Have been long time lurker I guess as I just noticed I hadn't ever made a post.
    I spent many years doing RC Air planes /heli / cars. I wanted to be able to customize parts and such, so I converted little HF 8x12 mill over to CNC using Hoss' plans.(Thanks Hoss)
    Having no idea what I was doing and on a budget I managed to cram something that sorta resembled the plans from Hoss.

I had some major problems with the machine and every time I tried to fix one problem I would find another. I read many people say how much junk the machine is so I assumed is was just crappy machine not the builder...
    Fast forward many years of being angry at my machine I decided I would buy a PM-940 and use my somewhat functional 44991 to make the parts.
    I decide to tear my machine down while I wait for the PM-940 to get here and see if I could do anything at all to get her fixed up... I found that the setscrew to hold the ball nut to X axis connector was never tightened (I remember not doing it too now)...
    After correcting that and some TLC she is doing so much better. I feel like I let my machine down all these years lol

Anyway I'm here to hopefully get some info on my 940 conversion. Wish me luck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i m new learner, but love to learn cnc.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! I am a software engineer, and focused on more hobby than anything else. I started a couple of years ago on a lathe/mill, around Jan of this year we got a 3-axis CNC machine (Tormach) and I've been doing a great deal of CAD/CAM since then. (learning a lot about programming these machines...). We recently picked up a laser engraver and are now learning about that.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hello all

i am a machine lover, all kinds any color or style. master auto mechanic and just too many hats i wear. out of South Florida.
    Moved to Thailand and fell into rebuilding and repairing Hurco cnc's as favor and now sell machines and repair.
    i have hustled machines ,cars and parts all my life and back to it again here in Thailand.I sell mostly new parts but have some second hand goodies as well.
    Wealllovetheking at ebay

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all, I joined the forum out of an interest in building a 3 axis router for my home shop. I've been in quite a few different sub sections of the woodworking industry for 18 years now, 10 of which have been spent programming and operating 3 axis routers. I have a great interest in mechanics generally, and would love to eventually learn more about milling and turning ferrous metals. While I love the hours spent on the computer with cad and cam work, I would probably go crazy if I wasn't able to have my hands in the machining and assembly process as well. My current day job allows me to do both, for which I'm grateful.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I was just bit by the CNC bug, I'm an Electronic Engineer, and just want to learn as much as I can before buying a small CNC machine to do some parts as a hobby

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone, I am a new CNC Shark Pro owner. CNC is a completely new thing to me but being a woodworker I am excited to see the new creations it will help me create with each project. I look forward to learning a lot from this forum and meeting some good people

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi from Scotland Folks, Just dipping my toe in to this fascinating subject.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi from Italy, I'm here because I've read some interesting information but I need to find some help with a Chinese laser cut before smash it down!

Page 379 of 418 FirstFirst ... 279329369376377378379380381382389 ... LastLast