Welcome thread-tell us about you. - Page 295

Page 295 of 418 FirstFirst ... 195245285292293294295296297298305345395 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,900 of 8343

Thread: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

LOL, love the auto welcome.

I am not new to this and not trying to build a CNC machine. I am a Carvewrong survivor and got a Shark a few months ago. I have little good to say about the Carvewrong and plenty of good things to say about the Shark.

By day I unfork computers, by night I'm either pumping out things on the CNC as a hobby/extra cash source or I'm spending time at the American Legion, Post 127, Buford, GA. I'm not a veteran but am a member of the SAL due to my dad's WWII/Korea service. Somewhere in all that I rumble my bikes around the area.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey all...I'm new to this forum, but not CNC...been a cabinet maker/CNC machinist for 25 plus years...want to make a solid body guitar, and looking for drawings for a tele with pickup pockets and the such...just wanted to see what threads are on the forum...thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all
    I'm a machine operator, no formal training everything I've learned has been hands on trial and error. No major crashes Yet!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am using alpha cam and i recently cut chipboard, there is chattering coming i adjust spindle speed and feeds but still coming
    i used 12mm router bit 45mm chipboard with four toll passes. i hav a confusion with spindle speed and feed.
    please advice me the the best speed and feed for cutting particle board / chipboard iam attaching picture of tool and value entered in alpha cam
    It looks to me like you need up your spindle speed to 16,000-18,000 depending on what your tool is rated, and slow your feed rate down to 400-500 then adjust from there. What is your chip load?

Last edited by Rod61; 11-26-2015 at 10:00 AM. Reason: added quote

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fxcity View Post
    hi anyone know alphacam
    I'm familiar with version 7.5

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have been looking around for some time and decided to finally register. I am in the planning stages of CNCing a g0704(still to be purchased). Have really enjoyed all the wonderful information here so far. I am just a hobbyist, and I don't have any formal education in the field, but I am looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Whats up I'm eBagger

I went to school for an associates in mechanical engineering but I ended up just getting AutoCAD certified.

I still have a passion for engineering and these forums are full of interesting engineering talk.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

New member, been building tool prototypes and writing code for my startup gigs for a couple years. Wanted to join to share information, and see how others do their various things.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

here to learn, maybe build or buy my own laser based cam devices.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello to all! Just joied the forum, looking forward to reading and participating on here, a wealth of information and experience! I hope I have something to offer back to the community!

Hey. I'm Robbie, a one-armed Kiwi guy living in Brisbane, Australia.
    Have on pre-order a Carvey from Inventables and a Glowforge.

My background is 3d graphic design & photography & general 'Maker' enthusiast.

Hello everyone

I've been using a Laguna CNC with a friends company to create my own guitar and bass bodies and necks and pick guards , and recently purchased an X-Carve to try and learn toolpathing on my own. Looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello to all
    I would build a CNC router for woodworking and aluminum.
    Thanks to everyone on this site

EntityX

Hello, my name is Francesco I recently bought a CNC 3040T-Z 3 axsis and I need help ahaha

I need the postprocessor of the rover 24.... please

I need the software biesse works

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

I'm a newbie looking to get into CNC automation again. I used to be an operator and always have been impressed by machine controls and anything involved with it.

Lots of great FAQs here, awesome forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
    I was looking thru the list of users and was shocked to see that 3/5th or more of the members have ZERO posts.

I'd like to say WELCOME to all the new members, and to the old members that haven't posted.

I'd also like to extend an offer for you all to chime in and say hullo, mayhaps tell us what you do, how you're involved in CNC etc. We'd love to hear from you!!

'Rekd

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there, read a lot about the various CNC related activities and technologies here and would like to join in the discussion. I am a total noob on CNC but have a keen interest in it lately. Qualified as an electrician and also have a good background in electronics. Thank you for everybody for partaking in this forum.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Folks. I just joined the forum. I've been lurking around this site for a while reading about the 6040 cnc routers. Mine just showed up today and since I'm new to cnc , this forum seems like the right place to share what I'm going to learn, and also learn from many of you who have already had a start in cnc machining. Everything I do involves fabrication in wood, metal, or composites. Mostly custom automotive parts, but also things like cabinetry and just off the wall crafts. I started with a Dremel when I was 8 years old, and made my way up to a Bridgeport nc mill and a South Bend 16x40 engine lathe. Everything I want to make is curvy.... After thousands of hours on those machines, I've decided that I want to learn the cnc machining process. I'm excited to be here!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GPSE107 View Post
    Great site, google keeps putting me here while looking for Kitamura/Fanuc 6m stuff. Hope to learn a lot and make good use of the machine when its working 100%.
    I'm with this guy. We inherited a 1981.1 Ktamura MyCenter 2 with a Fanuc System 6m. I used to CAM with MasterCAM 8 and send files to this machine for my friend back in about 2009. He has since passed away and the machine was used periodically by the new shop owner, he replaced a bunch of parts, then got fed up with it, gave us a great deal on it. Turns out when he replaced it with a newer model and had issues with IT right away, he traced it down to the power coming into his shop had a very high leg making it over 250v.

Either way, he was getting a spindle stop button alarm when the program would get to the m3 spindle start (I can't seem to find it, no alarm light on the panel like if the air is off), so he replaced all the spindle buttons. Now cycle start doesn't work. Can see in the diagnostics page that bits are changing when buttons are pressed, tested continuity after pulling the panel etc. Not sure if it should be posted in the Kitamura or Fanuc section, but will make a more formal post with the diagnostic info.

Been lurking here since first figuring out how to send files and do light programming, we made many hobby/car parts with this machine, very good source of info. Hopefully we can help other as well.

-J

Page 295 of 418 FirstFirst ... 195245285292293294295296297298305345395 ... LastLast