Hi - looking to build a mechmate here in Brisbane

Thread: Hi - looking to build a mechmate here in Brisbane

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hi - looking to build a mechmate here in Brisbane

Hi guys - I have been lurking around the various CNC forums for years and have decided to start investigating the possibility of building a Mechmate in Brisbane. I know a few guys in Oz have built Mechmates and would be interested to talk to anyone who has completed one.

One thing that I am little concerned about is availability of materials / parts and whether the Mechmate plans allow for metric materials etc. I am on the initial phase of this project and only really just getting past the stage of deciding on a model to build. There will be a lot of work ahead !

If anyone can point me to CNCZone members who have built a Mechmate that would be appreciated - also keen to hear from anyone else in Brisbane who has a 2400x1200 CNC machine. Cheers guys.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why don't you head over to the Mechmate site and connect with the people there that have/are building them?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mechmate Build

Hi,

Happy for you to contact me. I built 2 Mechmates a couple of years ago now and still use and operate one of them if and when I get the time. Great machine and a pleasure to build.

Cheers
    Tony.

Mechmate CNC 2440 x 1220 2.2Kw Spindle Running Mach3 Using Aspire 3.5
    [url]http://www.perfectpensandpencils.com.au[/url]