Protecting your computer and electronics

Thread: Protecting your computer and electronics

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Protecting your computer and electronics

With the unrest in the middle east and the real possibility of a high altitude nuclear strike above the USA causing an electromagnetic pulse wave wiping out all electricity, is there anything that can be done to protect your CNC computers and all of your other electronics? Also will this have an effect on the ignition system and control panel of power generators, or just the things hooked to the power line and grid system?
    Thanks
    The Farmer

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

*LOL* ... you MUST be joking ...

(a) The chances of a nuclear strike at the USA are about the same as my chances of winning Miss World (an I'm an old, fat, bald and ugly male).

(b) If a nuclear strike DID happen to the USA, don't you think you'd have more serious worries than your CNC computer????

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Faraday cage

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I worked for a building company - they were putting up a block of flats. Now the client was very worried about a nuclear strike that might blow the roof off and, since the roof was an integral part of the structure, the walls would fall down. So we had to add a lot of extra steel up at the top.

Quite fun when the potential occupiers were being shown round. What's that big box running accross my ceiling? That madam, is a nuclear tie-beam. You'll be glad of it when the bomb goes off. Although you'll fry, your flat will still be standing!