cutting aluminum plate with CNC router

Thread: cutting aluminum plate with CNC router

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question cutting aluminum plate with CNC router

Hi, I am new to the site, not sure were to ask this question so I figured I would start here. I am currently in high school and we have 2 CNC routers I am not sure on brand, they almost look home made, they are 24"x24" bed and have a 1hp router, a Bosch colt variable speed. I have been trying to cut aluminum on it and just need some help. I have been using a 1/8 end mill type bit, it has 2 flutes and it cut pretty good with the router turned as fast as it would go so about 36,000 rpm and at about 35 inches per minute, its cutting 1/8 plate and I am taking .015 passes, I ordered 2 solid carbide spiral 'O' flute, aluminum cutting bits for router CNC off of toolstoday.com, one is 3/16 and one is 1/8. I was wondering if the router will even have enough power to cutting the aluminum and what the spindle speed, feed rate, and other setting to be to cut 1/8 aluminum. Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks!!!!