need wiring diagram for doall metalmaster 16" vertical bandsaw

Thread: need wiring diagram for doall metalmaster 16" vertical bandsaw

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default need wiring diagram for doall metalmaster 16" vertical bandsaw

I picked up a doall metalmaster bandsaw yesterday. Trying figure out all the wiring. It has a blade welder also. The motor is a dual volt 220/440V 3/4 hp motor for the saw itself. Not sure what voltage the blade grinder motor is. I'm wanting to see if I can switch it all over to single phase 220. If anyone might have an old schematic for one of these I sure would appreciate it if I could get a copy of it.

Thanks in advance,

Mike H.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails need wiring diagram for doall metalmaster  16" vertical  bandsaw-20150430_190917-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: need wiring diagram for doall metalmaster 16" vertical bandsaw

I'm sure I do at work. You would need to replace the motor or put a vfd on it for single phase.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would a vfd work to run the blade welder I was kind of leary on using a vfd to run that. Unless the blade welder is already single phase then I could just run the vfd for the main motor and wire the welder separate. Let me know what you find I have zero literature on this saw right now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Pretty sure the grinder and welder was 110. I will try and dig up what I have, we even have a similar but larger version of that in our shop. Probably still 20 of those kicking around still at work.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any luck on finding them underthetire

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, but they are large size prints (15X20?) And plastic coated, so couldn't get them on the scanner. The guy in the art department can scan them but not until tomorrow. The originals have since pretty much degraded to a blurry blue mess.

Downloads
    Uploads

Went through everything. I have 10+ copies of the parts/operator manuals, but the electrical print I thought was for those turned out to be a Tracer modification to one we had in the 70's. I'm assuming they didn't come with a print, or it was a label inside the machine, otherwise we would have had at least one copy.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well I have run all new wire to it. Pulled out all old nylon braided wires and replaced with up to date wire. I bought a static phase converter rated for 3/4- 1 1/2 hp motors. This motor in the doall is a general Electric dual volt 3/4 hp motor. I rewired it for the low voltage 220v 3 phase. Wired up the phase converter from the instructions. The motor tries to turn but just stops and hums. I dropped the belt off to free spin it. Right after I try to turn it on and it hums it like energizes the motor somehow and almost can't turn the pull be hand. Then after turning it a few times in denergizes and then free spins. Do I have the 3 phase legs wrong going to the motor. I'm a little stumped. Anyone have any ideas.

Mike H.