Benchtop buffer Hp?

Thread: Benchtop buffer Hp?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Benchtop buffer Hp?

All,

I'm working on building a multi wheel buffer (2-4 wheels sewn and lose) and I currently have a 1Hp 1725 and 1.5Hp 3450 motors on hand. I was leaning towards the 1.5 3450 but after reading some other information on the use of buffers was warned about having too much HP and RPM.

I can fully appreciate the need to be safe when buffing as I have had more that one item jerked out of my hand while buffing.

I just wanted to throw this out for input as I am now thinking that my Hp on the on hand motors is too much???

Thanks,

JJ

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Benchtop buffer Hp?

I have three customers that are custom knife makers - all 3 said to use 1/2 to 3/4hp at 1750 rpm for 6" to 8" buffing wheels... if you go with a 1725 / 1HP to use 8" to 10" wheel ( 10" for more surface speed and a little less torque)
    Also said be careful and aware that the "loose" wheels are the worst for grabbing something out of your hand.

Respects,
    Tom - AMS
    Home - Automotive Machine & Supply Inc.