please, i need help with clamping a long thin part on a cnc lathe

Thread: please, i need help with clamping a long thin part on a cnc lathe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default please, i need help with clamping a long thin part on a cnc lathe

Hello guys, please, i have to replicate the clamping from a classical lathe, where the chuck is tightened by hand, part is tapped gentle to adjust the runnout near the chuck, and the steady rest is adjusted so to adjust the runnout at the far end

I have to put this setup on a cnc lathe with steady rest

hydraulic chuck is too strong, so i thought of installing a clasic chuck on the cnc, and in this way i should achieve same setup as on a clasical lathe

Any thoughts pls ? Is there a way to make things faster, but at least with same stability as on a clasical lathe ? is there a "cnc" approach for this ? kindly

- i mess with this for a while, and i would really apreciate someone's else suggestions
    - consider that you have to clamp the pull bar, that one that is located between the hidraulic cilinder and the nut of the chuck; this part is pretty similar to that ( without threads ); thank you

Similar Threads:
    we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: please, i need help with clamping a long thin part on a cnc lathe

hello Jim even lowest value is too much

once i had some parts with a much thicker wall, the jaws were around the part almost 300 degrees, and the GO caliber would go only after i would remove the part from the lathe

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: please, i need help with clamping a long thin part on a cnc lathe

does this exist ? hmm, it may work ! ?!?! i dont know ... i should craft a set of those, wrap the part nice at almost 360 degrees, and see how it behaves when i tap the part

i believe that they will help, but i am afraid that it wont be enough, but i hope it will work

so far i have sense the difference between soft jaws and hard jaws : i can feel how hard jaws are gripping faster and more firmly, while the soft jaws have a delay, because they compress a bit

that's a nice idea, and i believe that it is worth to try it thank you a lot

ps : if i dont get the right material, i may destroy those jaws at the 1st clamp; i guess that i will be lucky if i will get it right from the 1st time

ps2 : perhaps i should consider some metal soft jaws, with the clamping area made of plastic : those should resist without worries at multiple clamping processes; thank you again Jim