i want your opinions

Thread: i want your opinions

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default i want your opinions

Im new to the site here, but not new to machining. I've been running and programming a haas vf6 for ten years. I want to start a little side business in my basement making signs, and milling ar 10 and 15 receivers. I was looking at the 3040 cnc mill at automation technologies inc. the salesman told me this was a hobby machine, and wouldnt do what I want, he suggested coming to this forum and getting your opinions. im not interested in a machine that will make the part in 20 minutes like the vf6, but something affordable I can put in my basement and fart around with after work, and on the weekends. Yes before anyone says it, I know to sell lower receivers I need a FFL. what machines on auto tech do you suggest?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: i want your opinions

Well this machine will get you what you want it does`nt make AR15 parts in seconds but in hours (mostly 45 mins - 1 hour) and depends on the details you added on it, I ordered mine too (waiting mode) for metal gun parts then you can rely on this machine, I even tried mass producing metal gun parts by only using a gantry CNC for wood, used a carbide bit (japanese) for wood, seems like you have the experience then I guess you know what im talking about

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-Ax...10345_10342_10

Note: im not advertising anything here, you can buy the machine and equipment at your own risk, it`s a chinese machine so beware, on my side I dont need their warranty whatsoever, I modify their units right out of the box. manual metal machining experience will be a must on using these unit due to the fact that there`s no data nor table to follow into, if you got extensive experience on manual metal machining then you can relate on my side

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails i want your opinions-20171127_120748-jpg   i want your opinions-20170804_095912-jpg   i want your opinions-20171127_150333-jpg   i want your opinions-20171222_112905-jpg  

i want your opinions-20171227_074014-jpg   i want your opinions-htb124v8mvxxxxxrxxxxq6xxfxxxz-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

How about a Haas Mini or a Tormach 770 or 1100

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

im not interested in a machine that will make the part in 20 minutes like the vf6, but something affordable
    Can you define "affordable"?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, unless you build one it won't be affordable.........nothing you buy is affordable........if it's affordable it's cheap.......if it's cheap it won't do what you want it to do.

Having worked on a Haas for a while anything that is affordable will be rubbish.......a poor man always pays twice.

You definitely will spend a lot of time farting about trying to get results out of an affordable machine........you can expect to earn 10 cents in the dollar for anything that is affordable for the hours you spend on it.

BYW, if you're buying on price alone then you won't even make 10 cents in the dollar.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you KHOUJ. This is the same machine I'm looking at, except with a 5th axis. If I don't have the clearance with 5th axis installed, I can take it out and go with just the 3. 45 min to an hr good enough for me.

Downloads
    Uploads

My advise sir is you replace immediately the harness to a bigger wire, eliminate those connectors connecting the steppers, solder them instead, it will give you problems in the future, put additional 24V fan on the back for added ventilation if you wish to extend working on it up to 12 hours, if you modify the harness that`s the time you can achieve a whooping 4000 FRO, damn that thing is fast and torquey compared to our 6090 gantry CNC (2000 FRO) the axis on that unit will stall @ 4000 FRO if you do not replace the harness, too small wires = lesser amp = voltage drop on all axis = movement stall @ 4000 FRO, that`s why I want one in my house, the unit belongs to the shop where I worked, I only ordered the 3 axis model for it`s too much for me on the price of the 5 axis nor the 4 axis, it`s a great versatile machine not to mention it`s compact design, it`ll fit just right here in my mini shop

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I ordered the 6040. 24"x 15.7y 6z. Should be enough for what I want. I see lots you tube videos guys doing amazing carvings in wood, and still doing aluminum work with this machine and just 3 axis. It's a bit spend, but for a start up business doing carvings and light milling, I think it'll work. Will post pics and stuff like that when it arrives.