Need Help! roughing ss316l on cnc lathe need advice

Thread: roughing ss316l on cnc lathe need advice

Downloads
    Uploads

Default roughing ss316l on cnc lathe need advice

Hello I am asif ...facing problem to roughing ss316L.on cnc lathe lot of inserts consumption... can't affordable... please need advice... check attached file for part drawing and insert which I used for it ...current cutting parameters... doc .15mm feed 1.0 rev/min rpm 600..

Regards

Asif

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails roughing ss316l on cnc lathe  need advice-img_20170620_025935_021-jpg   roughing ss316l on cnc lathe  need advice-images-1-jpeg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: roughing ss316l on cnc lathe need advice

Machining SS is the pits - it tears up everything. 304 machines nicer than 316 IMO. Personally I'd contact the insert maker for advice.

Lost money every time I got involved with SS - cheap to buy, expensive as heck to machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Waoooo...sir looking any solution

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Slow things down especially the feed and depth of cut.
    Plenty of coolant and keep in mind that stainless is self hardening if you raise the temperature to certain point.
    Your parameters are way too aggressive in my opinion
    Stainless machines nicely within its sweet spot which is less forgiving than other materials.
    It has to be right not too aggressive and not to mild.
    I use seco inserts for stainless and they do a great job but its nit the insert that matters most.
    Speed and feed is where you have to tune things up. Slow and steady wins the race. Rigidity of your machine plays a big role too. Try 280RPM, 95 mm/min, depth of cut. 3 mm.
    And I would start running it at 50% of feed over-write and gradually increase it while machine runs to find where she likes it. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

ooooo thanks for advice...i follow ur advice and reply you soon....also a little problem infact big problem regarding threading...it is bsp 1-1/2" i make both ends of flange is 30 degree chamfer check attach jpeg...but but both ends of thread is not clean as i need there is a burr...and every time i have to clear the burr by hand scraper....is there any solution regarding ...because in production it become a big task to clean it..

regards
    asif

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails roughing ss316l on cnc lathe  need advice-img_20170620_025935_021-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default roughing ss316l on cnc lathe need advice

Sure there are many ways to skin the cat,
    One would be to make chamfers before the threading.
    Other way would be to run the cleaning pass with threading tool again after the main treading and chamfers are finished.
    You can run the threading tool as a boring bar through entire inside diameter and repeat the thread "spring pass".
    Cutting thread makes the hole smaller so at the end you run the tool to bring it back to proper dimension but that operation rolles the top of the thread over so it needs to be cleaned up as the last operation.
    This way you avoid second operation to do by hand.

No offense, but I hope you are not making those parts for the US market.
    I thought you are located in USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for it ..I make these parts for French market... i live in karachi pakistsn....and this is my first order ...and I want to make a parts free of any question"????? "

Regards

Asif