Need Help! Z axis stuck in over travel, unable to move it

Thread: Z axis stuck in over travel, unable to move it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Z axis stuck in over travel, unable to move it

Hello, I have a Yuasa AccuMill AM-1475 with Fanuc 3M-Model A Controllers

I was setting up to run a job today and in the process of returning the Z axis to the reference point I encountered the following Servo Alarm:

SV Alarm 02 - The READY signal (VRDY) of velocity unit has turned off.

I turned the machine off and turned it back again only to get the same error when returning Z to reference point.

Once I turned on and off the machine for the second time, I was only abele to move Z in the negative, down, direction. In the process of trying to figure out what’s going on the Z axis ended up at -6" which is the over travel limit. My Z is now stock in that position and I can not get it to come back up, even if I hold down LIMIT SWITCH RELEASE.

A NOT READY ALARM is always flashing at the button on my CTR and when I hold down the LIMIT SWITCH RELEASE button I am able to move X & Y but I constantly get a ALARM flashing at the button of the screen and Z axis is stock in over travel.

Can any one help me out?

Thank You

Adam

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You usually have to use the hand wheel to move the axis off the limit before it will reset. I have never been able to move it in Jog or Rapid. When the machine has gone to its limits it will only move in the opposite direction of the limit.

Also check to see if any of your limit switches are stuck.

Stevo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

In a normal over travel situation I am able to move the axis by pressing the limit switch release button (it disables the limit switches), and then it will return to point zero by reference return.

For some reason after getting Servo Alarm 02, now the machine will not move any of the 3 axis in the + direction, only -, and has a constant NOT READY ALARM flashing.

Even when I boot the system by pressing P + CAN, the system will only move in the - direction until it over travels.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    You usually have to use the hand wheel to move the axis off the limit before it will reset. I have never been able to move it in Jog or Rapid. When the machine has gone to its limits it will only move in the opposite direction of the limit.

Also check to see if any of your limit switches are stuck.

Stevo