Share Your Files Part or Art - Page 295

Page 295 of 586 FirstFirst ... 195245285292293294295296297298305345395 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,900 of 11709

Thread: Share Your Files Part or Art

Downloads
    Uploads

I took a shot at making one of the Butterfly Puzzles in .063 aluminum yesterday morning and it turned out beautifully. I used a .062" 2 flute with a bit of kero to lube the aluminum running at 8 IPM's with .022" depth cuts.

I think if I had to do it all over again, I'd do it without tabs as it needed a lot of clean up. My wife loves it in the rough brushed natural aluminum, but I'd like to see it anodized in a color.

I had to seperate the parts into 3 sheets of 4X8" as I did this on a Taig Mill. Took about 120 minutes to machine and about another half hour to clean up the edges and put a rough 220 grit finish on it.

I have the "bug" now to make more of these, but time is not something I have a lot of

Thanks,
    Dave

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share Your Files    Part or Art-budman68butterflypuzz-jpg   Share Your Files    Part or Art-budman68butterflypuzz2-jpg   Share Your Files    Part or Art-budman68butterflypuzz3-jpg  
    Dave->..

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice work Dave.

btw Nice website too.

Tweakie.

CNC is only limited by our imagination.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Butterfly

I like it! Very nice work.

Fatboy

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks all

Dave

Dave->..

Downloads
    Uploads

Default flag

can anyone convert this jpg into a dxf? or does anyone have a dxf of the flag

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...1&d=1276530965

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share Your Files    Part or Art-dsc_0296a-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Ryke,

Have a most awesome Fourth of July,

Jeff...

Attached Files Attached Files
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks worked great

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default JEFF

What don't you have?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nice flag, Jeff! I think I'll be cutting one too. Did you draw it from "scratch", or was it a conversion?

I compared measurements to the official flag code specs, and it's nearly dead-on. Yeah, really. I'm kind of anal like that!:rainfro:

Great job!

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Qnet2 & Youngmfg,

I don't have any models, enjoy the challenge and make them to order.

I modeled the Flag from scratch, it is faster for me than trying to clean up a raster image.

The size of the Flag is adjusted slightly to accommodate the way it is mounted on the telephone pole in the picture.

Have a most awesome afternoon,

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Phillidelphia Flyers

I have been working on a wall in the basement where I will add sports logos. Does anyone have the two main logos for the flyers in .dxf format?

Downloads
    Uploads

Question

Ironhorse,

Here is one of them,

Jeff...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jeff, your awesome thank you. This looks to be perfect. If I can ever help you let me know.

Greg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hydraulic cylinder

This may be a tough one, but would anyone have a Hydraulic cylinder in .dxf format?

Thanks,

Greg

Downloads
    Uploads

Question

Greg,

Something like this?

Jeff...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beautiful, this just might work. Thanks for taking time to post this.

Greg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by teamtexas View Post
    I've been playing with some chinese zodiac stuff. This one is Dragon (I think).
    like.:rainfro:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Finished game board and history lesson. Thank You

Jeff Thank you,

Here is a picture of the game I completed. As you can tell I had to modify the file a tad but it turned out very nice. Thank you.

Someone said something about a center hole on the previous game.
    There are about 20 different variations of marble chase games that I know of and have made in the past 25 years. The most common are Wahoo and Aggravation which use the center hole although several variations do not. Also if you count the holes you will also note that the number of holes in the warzone are different than on Wahoo and Aggravation games.

The board game design in the previous picture came from Germany back in the 1900's long before the American version of Wahoo and Aggravation. It took a lot of research to find it and the instructions. It also has the start position in a different location not in the corners like Wahoo and Aggravation. See Picture. This game is the Granddaddy to the Aggravation style games that became popular in the 1940's - present day.

On Wahoo and Aggravation games there are some variations that are played clockwise and some that are played counter clockwise. The main thing is they are fun to play, tedious to make, and cheaper than taking the family out to a movie. I like to find and make the old games that nobody has heard of or played in many years. Such as this one. I like to think I'm keeping a small part of history alive with every board I make, Plus I like playing the games from time to time.

Thanks to all who helped. :-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share Your Files    Part or Art-l1-jpg   Share Your Files    Part or Art-a2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Game Boards

Quote Originally Posted by mlind View Post

Here is a picture of the game I completed.

I like to find and make the old games that nobody has heard of or played in many years. Such as this one. I like to think I'm keeping a small part of history alive with every board I make, Plus I like playing the games from time to time.
    Nice looking boards you have created.

Thanks for sharing your research!

Playing the board games keeps people from spending too much time with computers.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thanks Weldtutor

You are right about that plus they are fun to make. I have about 20 different marble chase games now and I found 2 more that I am about to make. LOL.

I used to make them by hand until I figured out that CNC could make them faster and more accurate than I could with a hand held router. So I decided to learn CNC. Thus the CNC kick and learning how to make files to cut.

The first game boards I made with CNC were the ones that you provided me with a long time ago. It took a while and I learned a lot of tricks to cutting a good game. Lots of mistakes. hahahaha but I have it down pat now.

Doc provided the basic 4 player version above and Jeff provided the 6 player side and the Ludo game. Of course the files and layout had to be changed a to make it work but they came out nice.

Many thanks to you, Doc, and Jeff for the help. I owe you guys.

Page 295 of 586 FirstFirst ... 195245285292293294295296297298305345395 ... LastLast