Share Your Files Part or Art - Page 173

Page 173 of 586 FirstFirst ... 73123163170171172173174175176183223273 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 11709

Thread: Share Your Files Part or Art

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Here is a favorite in my shop...

(Smile),

I just bought a new planer about a month ago and guess what...3 boards ran through it and BLAM!!! It broke the belt drive pulley... NOT THE BELT the PULLEY split in 1/2 and I wasn't even pushing the planer hard. So being the good natured person I am I looked at the manufacturing label...MADE IN CHINA... Well there ya go. Returned it and bought one made in Canada...Now we are cooking with GAS... Should have known better. LESSON LEARNED NUMBER 1.

A week ago with a new set of drill bits I was drilling into WOOD and guess what...I couln' t believe it. IT BENT while drilling into WOOD... My good nature totally disappeared when I found out it was made in CHINA TOO. Marketed here in the states. LESSON LEARNED NUMBER 2 I now look for that HORRIBLE LABEL before buying any tools.

TO honor China's quality control I made this nice sign for them and so far I have made and given away about 3-4 of them. Feel free to distribute this sign and or use it as you see fit. My personal vendetta on China made goods.

Lesson learned.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share Your Files    Part or Art-madeinchina-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Rustic Cabin Scenes

Here are a couple of rustic cabin scenes that I like to use.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share Your Files    Part or Art-cabin_on_the_plains-bmp  

Downloads
    Uploads

Arrow Free Dollars!

You could engrave this on a piggy bank or make your own money clip.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is a good stick (single line) font to use with inkscape? I have stick40 installed but inkscape does not show it in the list.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gravy View Post
    What is a good stick (single line) font to use with inkscape? I have stick40 installed but inkscape does not show it in the list.

I've never found a font that would do a single pixel line for Inkscape.

If you only have a few words/numbers that you need you can actually create a dxf from another font that is probably already on your PC, I used the Arial font on my PC, first type out what you need (I used the word, Hello), then zoom in on each letter & used the bezier tool to draw the single pixel lines. When your finished, delete the actual font then combine all your single pixel lines into a single object.

If you wanted to get real creative, you could do A-Z & 0-9, then save as an Inkscape .SVG, then anytime you need them for a project, just make a copy of the original .SVG.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share Your Files    Part or Art-singlelinefont1-jpg  
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Downloads
    Uploads

New DXF File ---> Design 216

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Inkscape Font List

Quote Originally Posted by gravy View Post
    I have stick40 installed but inkscape does not show it in the list.
    I also find that Inkscape does not show all fonts that are in the Windows font file.

The fonts that Inkscape does not list seem to be those added to the font file after Inkscape was installed. This is not the case with programs such as Corel Draw & Word which recognize new font additions.

Perhaps a new installation of Inkscape would allow it to list all fonts on your system.
    Just a suggestion as I have not yet tried this.

Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't have any problem finding the new fonts on my PC (XP) inside Inkscape (0.46), they all show up fine. What happens is they are all messed up when you go to use them, I also found that its not just Inkscape, I had the same exact problem with Vectric Vcarve Pro, & MS Word.

I've tried at least 5 diff. fonts that are supposed to be single line fonts, my guess is that only certain programs are able to read them? All the fonts I've tried are TTF (True Type Fonts).

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I think I found out what is going on, with the single line text issue. The Text is actually all good.

What is happening, is, Inkscape is trying to close the loop, on the text.

Have a look at the attached dxf file, look at the letter "e", Inkscape closed the loop (joined the starting point, with the ending point).

The font I used was "Machine Tool Gothic", with no edits or hand tracing.

So, it does work, it just works toooo good...

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just couriuus, did the Stick Font to gcode program ever pan out as to being able to use different fonts. I did like the way it worked, just wondering.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have it working in Inkscape (single line text), same file as above only I did a small edit to the letter "e", all inside of Inkscape.

Works good, now.

I'll post how I did it, in a while.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share Your Files    Part or Art-hello2-jpg  
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Switcher. Does Your Extentions Work For Inscape Linix?????
    i just got a new lap top. i pick it up tomarro. but i need your extentions. they work great.
    panther

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_usa View Post
    Switcher. Does Your Extentions Work For Inscape Linix?????
    i just got a new lap top. i pick it up tomarro. but i need your extentions. they work great.
    panther

I've had a few others, ask about Linux & OSX. I don't think anyone has had any luck adding my extension to anything other than Windows XP & Vista.

I only run XP, so I have no way to test with any other OS.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Single Line Font - Inkscape 0.46

Gravy,

Here is a single line font Machine Tool Gothic & a video/tutorial (no sound) that I made, I went thru it kinda fast, but once you understand how to do a single letter/number the rest will go quick for you.

I had to post the video on mediafire, I tried to upload here on cnczone (didn't work) the .zip file is less than 7.0mb, uploads here max out at 8.58mb, who knows?

It's like I said a couple post back, Inkscape is closing the loop on the font, so just find the starting Node, & ending Node, then delete the line between them.

If you download one of the fonts from the link above, just drag it into your fonts folder (Win XP), & If Inkscape is open, make sure to close Inkscape, then re-open Inkscape, so the font will show up inside of Inkscape fonts list.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

dont worrie ill test it for you. also. im asking permision b4 i make any changes if they do now work. to make them work in linix. i have a programer that thinks he can make yours work. but i wanted to ask b4 i did it. of course if i make it work. ill give you the linix ones. for personal use.
    Panther

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    I've had a few others, ask about Linux & OSX. I don't think anyone has had any luck adding my extension to anything other than Windows XP & Vista.

I only run XP, so I have no way to test with any other OS.

Downloads
    Uploads

Panther_usa,

Your more than welcome to use/edit the files, that's what makes open source programs like Inkscape so great

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Downloads
    Uploads

switcher, could i impose on you to cerate me a dxf file out of this jpeg. this is my boat and i want to customise it it would sure help me if i had a dxf to work with.
    thanks so much
    ghost
    ps have you eaver thought of starting a thread on how to use wintopo and inkscape like you do to create the wonderfull things that you do. i know that i would be a intrested reader
    ghost

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share Your Files    Part or Art-mv1648-model-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

ghostlx,

This is the best I can get the dxf from your jpeg image. The larger/sharper the image, the better the results get, also bitmaps work better than jpeg, hope it helps.

ps have you eaver thought of starting a thread on how to use wintopo and inkscape like you do to create the wonderfull things that you do. i know that i would be a intrested reader

Sounds like a good idea.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

thanks switcher ill make it work. that pix came from alumnacraft web page its all i could find ill fix the scaling and use it as a referance to do the modifications with.
    thanks so much for the help and the articales that you post i read all of them.
    let me know about the thread . i down loaded ink today and will be on their sight reading about the software. will install it tonight.
    thanks
    ghost
    ps dont forget tomorrow is v-day kiss your sweetie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Texas A&M

Does anyone have the Texas A&M seal? I want to make a clock for my son.
    Jim

Page 173 of 586 FirstFirst ... 73123163170171172173174175176183223273 ... LastLast