Downloads
    Uploads

Wood Chuck

Very nice work on the guitar!!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Conquest1224 View Post
    I have been working in this thing in bob art and can't get a clean DXF to use. Anyone want to give it a shot...I dont need the text need just the sea thing in red!!!. Thanks Jim

On a side note I have used many of dxf's posted here and have made some into samples of the things we can do with our new used CNC. I don't think that guy wanted to offend switcher but he struck a nerve.

This is the best I can do in the time that I have. It does need cleaned up a little, mostly just the scales. I touched up the rest. To let others know how I did this, this is one way to vectorize this: Since this drawing was so small, I had to open jpeg in Microsoft Paint, and zoom in really close and blurry, and trace around drawing with black thin line. That gave me a pretty good outline to take into GIMP editor program. I then erased all the red lines using color select and deleting. At this point, I had a single black contour line. Saved that picture and then took it into WinTOPO and vectorized it. Wintopo freeware is a good program for being free, but does not handle arcs very well, that I noticed. I may someday have to tweak the settings a little to get better arcs. Then took it to vector program, which Tops is what I use, and deleted some lines and put arcs in its place. The less lines there are and more arcs, the smaller the post will be when running machine.

I hope this works for you, Conquest

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share Your Files    Part or Art-sildragon-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yohudi

That was a very nice "Santa Ted" that you did with Win Topo. You have me convinced, I'm going to give Win Topo a try.

Attached is a dxf of "Old Smithy" that I did using Inkscape.

Downloads
    Uploads

Does Win-Topo open .eps files? If not what program do I need to open .eps files?

Eric Nice job on the sildragon logo very nice indeed. I was close to being done with it and well never mind yours is excellent.

I also just downloaded Win Topo. Now Im playing with it and trial and error to learn.

Last edited by Jamf2; 05-22-2008 at 02:49 PM.
    What is possible? What you will!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default UNI Panther

does anyone have a dxf of the UNI Panther logo? Or can someone trace this for me?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share Your Files    Part or Art-unipanther-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jamf2 View Post
    Does Win-Topo open .eps files? If not what program do I need to open .eps files?

Eric Nice job on the sildragon logo very nice indeed. I was close to being done with it and well never mind yours is excellent.

I also just downloaded Win Topo. Now Im playing with it and trial and error to learn.
    Hey Jamf2,
    Wintopo does not open EPS files. The best program to open and vectorize PS and EPS files is a freeware program named GSView which opens and views EPS and other files, and the subprogram PStoEDIT that converts the file to dxf format. pstoedit is installed in GSview program and accessed through the convert to vector option in the edit pull down menu of gsview. This program is sort of technical to install for the fact that it is sort of open source. When you do convert to dxf, it does the best job ever of tracing the outlines of EPS and PS's, for the simple fact of EPS's being pure black and white. The downside to the program is that it make the whole outline as a spline. If you have a good spline exploder program, then this is the program to use. If anyone does install program, the settings you want in the convert to vector option is DXF_S format which is DXF's plus splines, and check the box "Draw text as polygons" and make the flatness .011. I do not know why the flatness works on that number, but always makes a perfect vector. Then click okay, make sure page one is selected, then click okay, then name file of dxf as your part name and add extension .DXF. This is a cool program. Good luck

Edit: You also need Ghostscript for this program to work.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

More fun stuff.......
    The snowflake is 4 parts

Downloads
    Uploads

ericandmollie

You the man.

Thanks

OK The pstoedit is not installing or I'm not installing it seems to be missing several lines. Any ideas or suggestions.

Last edited by Jamf2; 05-22-2008 at 04:53 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bkluck View Post
    does anyone have a dxf of the UNI Panther logo? Or can someone trace this for me?
    heres a dxf of UNI

have fun

Erik

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    yohudi

That was a very nice "Santa Ted" that you did with Win Topo. You have me convinced, I'm going to give Win Topo a try.

Attached is a dxf of "Old Smithy" that I did using Inkscape.

Hi there,

thanks very much... i also like "the old smithy" a good clean job..

thing with wintopo is you have to tune it a bit to suit a particular type of source material. You can get great results... Happy to see WinTopo is popular here .. it is good...

I'm like switcher.. I like FREE too, but it has to do the same type of job that I'd be asked to pay for really.. WinTopo is pretty good in that respect...

Inkscape is good too as you will know.. wintopo is unbeatable for batch-processing the same type of image... i.e if you had 50 different images like the santa-ted one.. once it's set they all come out like that.. using one touch.. that's it's strength really.

thanks again for the kind words

Danny

What one man can do another man can do..
    BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Installing GSView

Quote Originally Posted by Jamf2 View Post
    ericandmollie

You the man.

Thanks

OK The pstoedit is not installing or I'm not installing it seems to be missing several lines. Any ideas or suggestions.

Hey Jamf2,
    Don't sweat not getting it right the first time, lol. It is not the easiest thing to put on your computer. Let me try and remember how to do this:

1) Install Ghostscript version 8.61. Older version then the one listed in previos post that works with windows. The newest version does not have a windows version available. Make sure you download the self extracting version for windows 32 bit system at the bottom of page.

2) Download and install GSView version 4.9. Again make sure you download the 32 bit windows self extracting archive.

3) Then you download and install PStoEdit Version 3.45. This is a newer link then the one in my previous post. It contains a self extracting file. Make sure you download the .exe file and not the .tar.gz file.

This should help. Let us know if you have any more problems, then I will take mine off my computer, and do a fresh install and try to figure it out again. The biggest thing is to grab the .exe files and not the tar files and install in the order listed above.

Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

Eric Thanks

I had the .tar.gz file. Now I'm working at working this out.

Appreciate the help.

Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Harley logo

Someone removed my harley logo WHY?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kirkln View Post
    Someone removed my harley logo WHY?
    Copyright.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    Copyright.

You can correct me if im wrong but I was not trying to sell or profit I do not believe I violaded copywright

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kirkln View Post
    You can correct me if im wrong but I was not trying to sell or profit I do not believe I violaded copywright
    It's a tough subject. Not sure if private use argument is true or not.
    I made my own Seattle Seahawks table on the laser. I drew the logo (traced) myself, so is it my own art now? I didn't SELL the table, so is it ok? Not sure.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SolidWorksGuru View Post
    It's a tough subject. Not sure if private use argument is true or not.
    I made my own Seattle Seahawks table on the laser. I drew the logo (traced) myself, so is it my own art now? I didn't SELL the table, so is it ok? Not sure.
    I'm not positive but I think if there is no profit there is no issue so if someone from Harley says somthing ok and I still am not arguing with with you but I think sharing in this manor is fine my last comment on this issue I also drew and created

Downloads
    Uploads

From what I've seen in the past, I think the admins/mods simply pull an item that might be crossing the line as a "just in case" move as not to piss off the copywright holders. While you may have drawn it yourselves, I'm sure someone whos watching could lift it and use it for profit as it was "close enough" to the real thing which could then cause grief for the forum owners.

I can definitely see the point on both ends in this case, but it is their forum to run how they see fit.

Dave->..

Downloads
    Uploads

From the US Copyrght Office:

What is copyright infringement?
    As a general matter, copyright infringement occurs when a copyrighted work is reproduced, distributed, performed, publicly displayed, or made into a derivative work without the permission of the copyright owner.
    By drawing it yourself, you've reproduced it. Posting it here both publicly displays it and distributes it.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

New DXF File ---> Design 24

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Page 101 of 586 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151201 ... LastLast