Robotool CVM-1 knee mill - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robotool CVM-1 knee mill

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Robotool CVM-1 knee mill

Someone replaced the spindle brake shoes and when you tightened down the bearing retainer it would hit the shoes and bind. I took .03" off the top of the rib of the shoes. Still didn't work and then I noticed that the head of the bolt holding down the shoes was hitting the retainer as well. Put a pan head on and now all is good. I broke the 2 springs taking them off and replacements will be here Friday.
    The back gear lever was not working either. The shaft was not installed in the the right position. Easy fix
    Bijur oiler missing 4way and some fittings and flex hose. Arriving Friday.

I have to give a shout out to H&W Machine Repair & Rebuilding - Parts and Service for the Metalworking Industry. Awesome service and Barry is great to talk too.

Robotool CVM-1 knee mill-head-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

I got my head issue resolved and maybe selling a control. I also have a Acorn BOB and 2 boards from CNC4PC to allow easy hookup using RJ45 cables. My pendant is cabled and was told that Acorn doesn't support cabled pendants like I have. Bummer. This system is working fine except that I am getting some noise when I run the spindle with the drives off. Teco said I need filters after the VFD for the spindle motor. I have a filter before the VFD mounted inches away. Should be easy fix, just need to find out what to get. Funny when I had the spindle motor on the table testing it all worked great with no noise. Mount it on the head and now if I turn on the spindle with the VFD and don't have the drives turned on, all - axis move slightly.

Why would there be a difference with the motor sitting on the table or mounted? Motor was on plywood on the table.

Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't use a shielded spindle motor cable. I bought a 3ph EMI filter and that cured the problem. I did buy a new cable and some toroidal filters I will try.
    Got everything working except all the functions on the pendant when I started getting Mach4 issues. No word from Mach support.

I gave up on the Mach4 system with over $1200 spent on it and took it out.

Got another WIN10 mini computer, 22" touch screen both for $360
    Got the Acorn plugged in and CNC12 installed and after CNC4PC sent me another C86 I had the Acorn system up and motion calibrated in a day! $430
    What a waste of well over 2 months of 14/7 days not to mention the $ all for not.

Now to get it all in the enclosure and make parts!

Downloads
    Uploads

Got the noise issue fixed. It was just the shielded cable. No need for the massive and pricey 3ph filter now. Didn't use the toroids at least not yet. I do have some small filters for the relays too.
    Completely redoing the enclosure and putting everything in one. What a relief.

I'am almost done with my CNC plasma cutter frame too. I may just end up using the CNC4PC control for it being I have it if it doesn't sell. Would rather stay with one control type for all the machines now. I like CNC12.

Downloads
    Uploads

Forgot about this thread.
    I built 3 controls and ended up with the Centroid Acorn completed in 2020.
    Robotool CVM-1 knee mill-robo11-29-jpg

The Acorn and a mini computer mounted on back of the touch screen.
    Robotool CVM-1 knee mill-acorn-control-jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12