Edge Finder Question

Thread: Edge Finder Question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Edge Finder Question

Hi All,
    I have hopefully a simple question but after searching this forum for a while I couldn't find the answer.

I have a K2 table top CNC with a Bosch Colt router. The slowest it runs is ~10000RPM and I only have a 1/8" and a 1/4" collet for it. I need to find an edge finder that will fit in one of the collets and won't go crazy at 10,000RPM. I found only 1 mechanical edge finder from Fisher that could fit in a 1/4" collet but the router spins too fast and the edge finder always stays off axis (and goes out of control).

What other options do I have? I know there are electronic edge finders and test indicator dials. Are there any that fit in a 1/4" collet? Thanks in advance for any help!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If the motor of the router is a universal type (series wound with brushes) you can slow the rotation to around 1000 rpm (no load) with a speed reducer available at Harbor Freight or other such store or you could adapt an incandescent lamp dimmer switch. To be on the safe side, remove the speed reducer/dimmer from the circuit if its rating is less than that of the router. Think approx 750 watts per horsepower.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

could you use an electronic edgefinder or a 3d Taster?