CNC Spindle motor power wire type and sheilding from other wires? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNC Spindle motor power wire type and sheilding from other wires?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Spindle motor power wire type and sheilding from other wires?

Typically you would use a 230/120v 1ph transformer connected across two phases.
    Also customary is to ground one side of the TFR secondary right at the transformer, connect it to the service ground, a second conductor connected to the same point will be the neutral.
    See PDF 1T.
    Fuse both primaries, fuse hot secondary only.
    Al.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Spindle motor power wire type and sheilding from other wires?-controlexample-pdf  
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

and Al how would I handle the 220 Single phase. I noticed that print was 400V but I assume I just need to find a Transformer from 230 to 120?

Downloads
    Uploads

If you have 230 between phases then yes, you need a fairly common 230/240-110/120 control transformer, most local electrical suppliers in the US/Canada stock them.
    You also need to figure out what the current draw will be on the 120 to get the Va size.
    Al.

Albert E.

AL, DO YOU MEAN LIKE ONE OF THESE?

(THESE CAME OUT OF THE MACHINE ORIGINALLY ONE IS HUGE, I CAN BARLEY LIFT IT OFF THE FLOOR THE OTHER IS OF REASONABLE SIZE.)

YOU THINK ONE OF THESE WILL WORK FOR ME? AND THE 230 3 PHASE IS COMING FROM A ROTARY PHASE CONVERTER, WOULD THAT HAVE 230 BETWEEN LINES?

CNC Spindle motor power wire type and sheilding from other wires?-photo-1-jpg
    CNC Spindle motor power wire type and sheilding from other wires?-photo-jpg

Sorry for the caps I have been typing notes into a print for the last 30 min. and forget to turn them off lol

Downloads
    Uploads

The top one should be enough for you, depends on what the 120v load is, if using a rotary phase convertor, then use either use the 240v 1ph that is carried through, (not the created 3rd phase).
    OR bring in the neutral that is common to the two live 240v that feed the convertor, if you go this route you would not need the 240/120v TFR.
    Al.

Albert E.

Al what is a TFR? a transformer?

And your saying that the phase converter only generates one leg so the other two I can use just like I would the two hots for 220 single phase? and then If I bring in the the neutral I use that and one leg of the 220 for the 110?

I dont mind using the transformer and it seems like that would be better than running in in the neutral somehow from the other panel. is it ok that the transformer says its only 100 V output?

Downloads
    Uploads

TFR or TXFR , short for Transformer.
    The phase convertor, whether static or rotary generally use the two live 240v conductors straight through to the final destination, so yes, one of them together with the normal neutral can be used.
    You just need to ensure it is not the generated phase.
    If Using the 100v secondary, I am guessing will end up somewhat more for 240v at the primary.
    Al.

Albert E.

This is what I came up with if you get a chance take a look and let me know what you think. If I was going to buy a new transformer specifically for this, should I look for a 240V or 230V step down to 115V?

I really appreciate the help and I had a nice package from canada sitting on the porch when i got home!

CNC Spindle motor power wire type and sheilding from other wires?-photo-2-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Does your Z axis need 3 phase?
    R1 coil needs completion.
    The ideal TFXR for would be 240/120.
    A 230/110 should work though.
    Al.

Albert E.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12