Tasked with some some large work out of plastic. First series of parts were Delrin (well some copolymer acetal that our materials guy ordered) They were about 40x20x1 after finished, and had bolt holes in the bottom, so I was able to keep the warping to a minimal,machined on a fixture plate to keep flat and the parts would be bolted flat. These parts were also oil annealed in shop before being machined.

The next series of parts have no bottom mounting holes, and are 20x8x1.5. They get a decent amount of work done to them, and have some deep slots. Originally they ordered Derlin, but after some research I was able to persuade them to purchase Ertalyte. From my findings, it doesnt warp. Now I have never had to cut the stuff, and would prefer not to have to post anneal the parts due to their complexity.

Does anyone have experience when Ertalyte, and could give me some concrete info on how well it holds it shape. One post I found mentioned taking a 1" thick 12x12 piece, removing .75 off one side, and the material would remain flat. How flat is what Im looking for.