Need Help! Laser suitable to engrave stainless steel? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser suitable to engrave stainless steel?

Downloads
    Uploads

In China price is $13 500 - I can't say that laser is perfect but work well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help please, Laser machine engraves meaningless blank area.

Guys I am stuck and I need help with my laser engraving machine

I have an 80watt CO2 laser machine. It cut cuts projects perfectly well but when it comes to engraving e.g a word, it engraves a meaneagless blank area which I think is the entire area of the exact project not the the "run box" area,that you can tell if you observe the edges of the project. I also noted that the hight of the project to be engraved remains ok ( that is within the limits of the "Run Box" area) but the width widens wider than the "run box" area. At the end of it all the engrave project (e.g the word) looks like the letters are wider and therefore are overlapping on one another leaving in the end a blank engraved area of the word to be engraved. Lastly upon finishing the work, the alarm of work complete beeps but the laser light does not go off automatically meaning i have to press the emegency swith to turn it off.
    What puzzles me is tha if I tried to cut the same project ( e.g the same word) none of that happens, the work is done as expected with in the "run box" area and the laser light goes off automatically before the beep comes on.
    Please view the pictures I have attached to give an idea.

Chille.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser suitable to engrave stainless steel?-p1040321-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Litografa View Post
    Minimum power you need for products like Cermark is 17Wt. But note that this 17 Wt is for Synrad tube and laser from e-bay use glass tube. For glass tube 40Wt is minimum and 60-80

You are wrong. Some time ago I tried to use so called 40W (it never has 40W, mostly 32-33W) laser to mark stainless steel using TherMark and result was really good.

CNC lasers, constructions, service

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Engraving problem

Hello ,
    You may try to reinstall the software .
    we do not think it is the parameters problem . By the way , what kind of controller you used ?
    Mary Lee
    XYZ Machinery

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mary Lee,

Thank you for contributing so as to solve my laser problem.

The controller that I use is a Leetro v4.1.2.5 and I have tried to re install the software Laser Cut several times to no vain.
    Does that bring any new idea?

Regards, Chille.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello I bought a 40W Chinese Machine, And I have been trying to engrave on several types of metals (brass, anod. aluminum, stainless steel, etc) with Thermark and Cermark, and I haven't have a good result, could you please let me know what kind of setting or software You are using? Thanks for your help! - I'm using Moshidraw, and I get a weak mark, And if I scratch or clean the surface with watter, the marks will disappear -

Company Representative
    Downloads
    Uploads

For beautiful engraving result, metal laser marker is professional.
    If only for metal, YAG series, the price is USD8500- USD10000. And the speed and result quite good.

G.Weike Laser
    melody@vip.163.com li@wklaser.com skype:melody.gweike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

i think you can try use a fiber laser marking machine,it can work wll on the metal。

Quote Originally Posted by used_likenew View Post
    Hello I bought a 40W Chinese Machine, And I have been trying to engrave on several types of metals (brass, anod. aluminum, stainless steel, etc) with Thermark and Cermark, and I haven't have a good result, could you please let me know what kind of setting or software You are using? Thanks for your help! - I'm using Moshidraw, and I get a weak mark, And if I scratch or clean the surface with watter, the marks will disappear -

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser suitable to engrave stainless steel?-fiber-marking-machine2-jpg   Laser suitable to engrave stainless steel?-aluminium-board-jpg   Laser suitable to engrave stainless steel?-marking-machine-sample-jpg   Laser suitable to engrave stainless steel?-marking-machine-sample-2-jpg  

Laser suitable to engrave stainless steel?-marking-machine-sample3-jpg   Laser suitable to engrave stainless steel?-marking-machine-4-jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12