moshi draw software

Thread: moshi draw software

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default moshi draw software

Hi there
    There seem to be a lot of different versions of software to work with the chinese made machines. Has anyone got a machine with the "moshi" software. Is it possible to cut with this as well as engrave. The machine I am looking at is a "40" type machine as opposed to the "3040" (there seem to be different versions but the numbers after the brand names seem to be similar.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a '40' machine with Newlydraw and it does both cutting and engraving. The software isn't very advanced but is stable on XP and works well enough for basic designing. I would consider it more a complex driver than a design program.

At the time I purchased my system I looked at a couple that came with Moshi and they were both inferior (hardware). I also saw some complaints regarding Moshi's import abilities and problems with cutting true vectors.

Zax.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also have a 40 machine with NewlyDRAW and have been cutting using .dxf files that I've imported from Google SketchUp. Note that the free version of SketchUp will not export .dxf however there's a plug-in available from http://www.guitar-list.com/download-...les-dxf-or-stl

I use a couple of other plug-ins from
    http://www.smustard.com/
    to help with unfolding and flattening 3D structures so I can cut shapes to build them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dear Zak

I am planning to go in for the 40 machine please advise the pro's & con's of this type of machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well that is going to depend on your application, but I'll give you some general comments.

Pros: Cheap, Compact, Easy to use

Cons: No air assist (easily retrofitted), Speed on non-USB models, Limited support (from the manufacturer), Cutting table on some is non vented or raised (better for engraving though), Small working area (make sure it fits your product needs)

These machines are better suited to engraving, but will cut thinner materials or using multi-pass.

The supplied software IS the driver, so you'll have to learn to use it (not terribly difficult). It imports from Corel and ArtCam without issue, which is a big plus and something higher end software doesn't do well.

Some mechanical / technical aptitude is an advantage, as you'll likely have to align the mirrors and possibly 'fix' some of the common problems. The supplied pump and extractor aren't the highest quality but for me at least have been sufficient.

If you have any specific questions or want to tell us your application then we may be able to help further.

Zax.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Anil Vasu View Post
    I am planning to go in for the 40 machine please advise the pro's & con's of this type of machine.
    They also take a bit of figuring out and tinkering with so probably more suited to the kind of person who's prepared to do a little research/work/thinking for themselves rather than the type who wants it all handed to them on a plate.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Dear Zak

Thanks for your help. I am starting a new Rubber Stamp manufacturing venture. The first option is flash stamp, which is simple with no chemicals involved. The second requirement is mould stamp for fixing in date & text self ink stamp machine etc. Herein, I can either go for liquid polymer process (which is lot of chemicals & mess) or laser engraving on 'Laser Engravable Sheets for Rubber Stamps' readily available in the market.

My question is:

1) Is the machine suitable for my purpose

2) The Machine is to be imported from China, does set up require technical help or is Do-it-yourself.

3) Does the lens & moving parts require regular adjustment

4) How convenient is the provided software for Stamp making purpose. Like, does it have special options for stamp making

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anil,

I wish you good luck with your new business. I am not familiar with flash stamp but laser is well suited to short run stamps where you need frequent custom designs.

1) Yes, I believe one of these lasers would be suitable.

2) Setup does require some technical aptitude. It is important to check out the tube, wiring and mechanicals before plugging in, as things often come loose during shipping. The mirrors may also need adjustment to ensure the beam hits the lens correctly. It isn't difficult but will require some patience.

3) The XY axis may require occasional lubrication or adjustment (it's just like a pen plotter or printer) and the lens will likely need cleaning from time to time. Nothing very difficult and it will only take a few minutes.

4) There are several options with the software, for stamp making you probably need to get NewlySeal or another stamp specific program. The standard software is more suited to engraving and cutting but does not offer the draft angles (side profiles) required for stamps.

Zax.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have bought a Laser engraver 40 w Machine from Girtob on Ebay, it has Moshi Draw supplied.
    I am running Windows 7, and Moshi soft, kindly sent me the download link to install the Windows 7 version but I am getting errors, can anyone help me out pleae, Frustration is setting in as Seller of machine is totally unsupportive

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You may be out of luck with Windows 7, although you can try the Windows 98 and XP compatibility modes. If that doesn't work you either need to setup dual boot or you can install Microsoft VM which should work (although I don't know for sure).

Zax.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I couldn't get MoshiDraw to work under Windows 7 32bit or 64bit. I had to reinstall XP to get it to work reliably.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi gbps,

I bought one from him as well, but I'm not having any issues running MoshiDraw on my Windows 7 machine.

I downloaded the latest version from their website however.

One other modification I did was to place a USB hub inside the electronics bay of the unit and plug in the dongle to it as well as the main board. Then I have only one USB cable to the computer and I never have to worry about pluggin in that dongle again.

Bill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gbps View Post
    I have bought a Laser engraver 40 w Machine from Girtob on Ebay, it has Moshi Draw supplied.
    I am running Windows 7, and Moshi soft, kindly sent me the download link to install the Windows 7 version but I am getting errors, can anyone help me out pleae, Frustration is setting in as Seller of machine is totally unsupportive
    Hi I am new to this forum and I also have a 40watt from girtob on ebay and I down loaded Moshi V9.85 running on win7 with corel 12 (tried corel x4 but 12 seems better) I am cutting parts for RC Aeroplanes ok. What Ifound was to drop the bitmap dpi down and my export problems went but yhe cut was still good.Hope this helps you I recieved mine 22/12/11 Best regards Mark

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Moshidraw

I bought a 40w machine a year ago on Ebay with Moshidraw supplied. At that time I had Windows XP. It worked OK but always had blips. Many a time I had to restart the PC or reinstall Moshidraw because of error messages. I bought a Windows 7 lap top recently and it installed OK but I still get error messages and had to re-install it yesterday as no amount of rebooting the PC helpted. I'm using it at the moment as I'm typing this and just had to close the program down with Windows Task Manager just now as it kept saying 'Conversion error' (It never closes on it's own). I also use it with Corel X4 which is great as I can't get my head round the Chinese instructions and the Help file is next to useless.
    I use mine for engraving gifts in wood and leather.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking moshi soft problems

I have now had time to play and have found the following
    previously I had posted that i dropped dpi in corel to 300 now back at 500
    line width must be hairline or greater
    complex drawings take a long time for moshi to process so wait .
    load moshi with no image (ie befor open corel) then open image in corel and xport to moshi. when windows says moshi performed illegal op. just close error
    and exit engrave window in moshi and you should be in moshi main page. Now send "all page" and check that all drawing lines are there, if not line width is to small.Now send to laser data conversion will take time (see above) for cutting not so long for engraving. I have found data converion errors in some of my drawings due to not a full closed image for cutting. I have no data errors on engraving. hope some of this helps.I have got mine tobe reliable and hve ver few issues. that being said i will still up grade to DSP
    Regards Mark:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I bought a 40w chinese machine laser engraving machine. I have problem with cutting with it. It always repeat cutting actions which does not fall on the same positon as the first cutting thereby spoiling cutting jobs. This is worse for multiple cuts! I have, also never been able to get the moshidraw to close without going to the task manager. I'll appreciate any helpful information to solve these problems.
    samuel