Mazak X48 Laserpath with L1 Controller

Thread: Mazak X48 Laserpath with L1 Controller

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazak X48 Laserpath with L1 Controller

I've recently acquired a 1990 Mazak X48 Laserpath Laser and am trying to bring it back to life... I believe we have all the manuals that come with it. I'd like to make a few contacts with any users that are familiar with or own this machine. So far we've got power and air to it, but we're seeing a couple AMP Errors that we're trying to clear. We're trying to evaluate whether it's worth getting running or if we should just part it out...

Similar Threads:

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazak Laser

Hi, I just purchased one of these lasers myself. It's inop as well. The axis work but the laser I'm told does not fire. I wasn't so lucky as to get the manuals. Did you get yours working? Mine is a 1988 model L-1.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

we've been picking at it a slowly (very slowly!) We haven't fired it up yet, but we've eliminated most of the error codes related to positional sensors, etc... as a side note, we've scanned a couple of the manuals - I'd be more than happy to shoot you a copy of what I have...

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I appreciate the quick reply. I'm told the Laser doesn't work on the one I have but the axis control is ok. I got a rofin 2500 watt yag laser I purchased out of a University I may try to fit up in this one. I have looked for manuals. No luck yet. If you can share what you have that would be great. Let me know how I can help. We have some mazak parts from that vintage out of a lathe. Don't know if any of the parts are compatable yet. I'll keep you updated. Send me a private message and I'll forward my email and phone number to you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazak X48 Laserpath with L1 Controller

hi there,

I am looking for the same documents, i appreciate if you can send me a copy too.. i need'em so badly.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HI EVERY BODY, I REALY NEED YOUR HELP, I'VE A MAZAK TURBOPATH X48 WITH L1 AND 1000 WATTS OF THE YEAR 1990; I DIDN'T MADE IT WORK WITH THE DB25 COMUNICATION PORT, I JUST CAN MADE IT WORK IN MANUAL, DO YOU HAVE THE PARAMETERS FOR THE COMUNICATION WITH THE COMPUTER AND MAKE IT WORK, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by roladosycortes View Post
    HI EVERY BODY, I REALY NEED YOUR HELP, I'VE A MAZAK TURBOPATH X48 WITH L1 AND 1000 WATTS OF THE YEAR 1990; I DIDN'T MADE IT WORK WITH THE DB25 COMUNICATION PORT, I JUST CAN MADE IT WORK IN MANUAL, DO YOU HAVE THE PARAMETERS FOR THE COMUNICATION WITH THE COMPUTER AND MAKE IT WORK, THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    You do realize the last post here was 10 years ago.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro