Problem Jack Yin Fired

Thread: Jack Yin Fired

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Jack Yin Fired

Not really sure on the rules on posting email contents so will just say it as I write it.

Basically I got a phone call from china yesterday in the early morning from a chinese girl with a heavy accent and bad english, I have no chinese so In end we both gave up trying to uderstand my address and she gave me a email address to reply to urgently.
    I emailed it and today I got a email from the President of Jinan G.Weike Science&Technology Co.,LTD. stating that Jack Yin (james) was fired for

Betray company to sell other products and betray customer’s information

Basically fraud as far as I can make out as he took our money and put it into his account.

Would quote more of the email If I am told is allowed.

Similar Threads:
    Wklaser LG900 60W +rotary, Vinyl cutter and other stuff

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I got the fax version

I was surprised to get a 2 page fax from G. Weike Science & Technology Co. (WK Laser) saying that Jack Yin had been fired.

They said that he set up a private dummy company in Hong Kong, SAMAX HOLDINGS LIMITED, and was funneling payments through his private bank account, which the letter said is "illegal behavior".

I've had good dealings with Jack in the past. He was always trustworthy with me.

The fax also said that if you had bought a laser from him and need parts or service, contact the company directly at wklaser@hotmail.com or wkcutt@163.com

Micheal, maybe that's why you never heard back about your defective rotary?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

More than likely that’s why I was getting no communications from him. Bloody annoying is what it is the machine itself is not that bad but the add-ons esp. that Rotary Is the biggest annoyance. Absolutely cannot get a straight line cut on it, needs new pieces to work. More than likely the stuff we were supplied were copies, seconds or returns which makes me worry about long term reliability of our equipment. Someone here bought a machine on ebay and that has a weike label on it maybe that is an original machine as mine has no such label.

Not really sure what to do about the machine now. If I call Mr. Xifeng will he be looking for money?

Wklaser LG900 60W +rotary, Vinyl cutter and other stuff

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mine has no G. Weike label on the front either, but the manufactures sticker on the back has their name on it.

I would email the company and explain your situation about the rotary. What can it hurt?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G.Weike LG900

I had all my dealings with Tina Li of Weike, contact details as below:

Tina Li
    Jinan G.Weike Science&Technology Co.,Ltd
    Tel:0086-0-13589143990
    Fax:0086-531-88912386
    Email:lysunshine521@hotmail.com

I've seen a lot of posts regarding Jack, i can only assume he was point of contact for Europe / Americas.
    i thought her email address was a bit sus, (much like the Russian hookers that keep contacting me!) but it was via the WKlaser website.
    No probs with anything this end.

there was a poster a while back flogging chinese equipment with the login of SAMAX (i think)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had corresponded with Jack a few times and received the email as well. Here is the full text:

"NOTICE OF DISMISSAL
    Date: April 18, 2008
    To: Importing manager or who may concern:

We regret to notify you that our ever staff Mr.Jack Yin in our firm(Jinan G.Weike Science&Technology Co.,Ltd) was terminated(Dismiss) from April 18, 2008. because of the following reasons:
    Betray company to sell other products,take the customers payment into his own accounter and betray customer’s information.
    Please pay attention that we will not responsible with the machine that will sale to you by Jack Yin. For the machine your ordered already or want to order, please contact with Mr. Xifeng Jiang by email: wkcutt@163.com to continue the cooperation with our company, at your earliest convenience.
    We sincerely regret this action is necessary.
    Very truly,
    Xifeng Jiang
    President
    Jinan G.weike Science&Technology Co.,Ltd
    ADD: NO.13 HUAXIANCHANG RD.,JINAN,CHINA
    TEL:86-531-88020976 531-88020926 FAX:86-531-88912386
    EMAIL: WKLASER@HOTMAIL.COM wkcutt@163.com wkcutt@hotmail.com

NOTE: Do not send the email to wklaser@yahoo.com any more."

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

holy crap, in the US this would not fly at all:

"Please pay attention that we will not responsible with the machine that will sale to you by Jack Yin"

So they fire one of their guys and then say all the equipment he sold WHILE UNDER EMPLOYMENT BY THEM they are not responsible for.

lol

Go Chinese!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Donnellan View Post
    that Rotary Is the biggest annoyance. Absolutely cannot get a straight line cut on it, needs new pieces to work. More than likely the stuff we were supplied were copies, seconds or returns which makes me worry about long term reliability of our equipment. Someone here bought a machine on ebay and that has a weike label on it maybe that is an original machine as mine has no such label.
    Hi Micheal,

My UK based company, Low Cost Lasers Ltd is a customer of Jinan Weike, although we buy very few machines from them now as we have our machines made OEM, so i may be able to help you out with your problems. If you would like to PM me with details of the problems, then i'll do my best to resolve your issues.

Regards

Steve
    lowcostlasers.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Hi Micheal, just find your trread on the rotery problem. Please send me a picture to showing rotery type that you got.ONCESTONE@HOTMAIL.COM or WKLASER@QQ.COM . I will try to solve the problem that you met. Because we have two rotery model now, need to solve the problem according the detailed information

Jeff@hongniulaser
    [url]www.hongniulaser.com[/url]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I sent an email regarding the warranty issue and here is the reply. I suspect that the denial of warranty would apply to any lasers Jack sold that were not manufactured by G. Weike, which they may be unable to support.

I might add that they replied in less than 24 hours. Not bad.

****EMAIL****

Dear Eric,

Thank you for your reply.Although Jack Yin is not in our company again, the business will go on as usual, if you have any other requires,pls contact us directly, and our warantee time is also effective.

Regards,

Xifeng jiang

Downloads
    Uploads

Bizarre situation.

It's strange that they go into detail about what happened I suppose... in the USA they would just say he no longer works there and leave it at that. By saying he was inappropriately handling money they sort of make themselves look bad, IMO of course.

I got an email from Linda over there who told me they cannot stand behind a quote I got from Jack only this past weekend (the 20th).

I have been reading these forums for quite a while... not that I am afraid of WKLasers really but based on the stuff I read about HKYX or whatever his name was, I am curious what other reputable and honest sellers there are out there that have prices in the ballpark of WKlasers? Who else should I get quotes from?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, FWIW, as I mentioned on another thread, I bought my machine directly from G. Weike and through Jack in the last couple months. Them announcing the firing like they did is not so unusual...corporate America does it all the time. Cut out the cancer and restore faith in the rest of the operation.

When dealing in China the factory is everything. Another seller could have a laser that looks exactly the same but run like crap. So far I'm happy with my Weike machine, and I would not hesitate to buy another. I think if they had dishonest intentions they would not have been so public about sacking a dishonest employee.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by apriorius View Post
    Well, FWIW, as I mentioned on another thread, I bought my machine directly from G. Weike and through Jack in the last couple months. Them announcing the firing like they did is not so unusual...corporate America does it all the time. Cut out the cancer and restore faith in the rest of the operation.

When dealing in China the factory is everything. Another seller could have a laser that looks exactly the same but run like crap. So far I'm happy with my Weike machine, and I would not hesitate to buy another. I think if they had dishonest intentions they would not have been so public about sacking a dishonest employee.
    I don't think any company that has a large manufacturing plant and numerous employees *intends* to be dishonest, it's just often the way business is done or the level of importance given to a small customer like you or I. In the USA, they wouldn't say "turns out Bob was stealing, so he got fired". They wouldn't go into it - because they could be opening up themselves to a lawsuit, and also to admit that an employee did wrong speaks to the company in some way. Thats why you don't read about 99% of bank robberies, the bank doesn't want you to know about them.

I am not suggesting G Weike are charlatans at all, however the facts remain that many people bought from Jack, all got what they paid for with no complaints. Second, prices he was giving out are apparently not being honored. Third, there are lots and lots of companies selling the same lasers using the same control. They are essentially a commodity, and I disagree that the same machine from another company can run like crap. That's pretty much impossible, given they all use the same control, same tubes, same motors, same design. What matters is the price and the customer service.

So, I am still very much interested in companies to get quotes from in addition to G.Weike. The price I was just quoted on Sunday is 10% above the quote for the same machine several weeks ago, and they just told me they can't honor that price and raised it again. When we're talking thousands of dollars, 10% here and there adds up.

So if anyone has any companies they have dealt with other than WK, I would like to hear about it. I still have their quote and may buy from them but I want to explore all my options before I lay out this kind of $$.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fair enough. I thought my post spoke for itself in that I think G Weike is a good factory and I have no reason to think they would deal dishonestly. If the price works for you buy, if not, look elsewhere.

As far as the components being commoditized, I agree. However, assembly is crucial and everything I have read about business in China indicates build quality varies quite a bit from factory to factory. That goes for all tools...read up on some of the posts from that guy who owns Grizzly. So, if you don't mind disassembling and fixing things on a lot of the machine then you should go for the cheapest price you can find. However, I think maybe the 10% would not be worth it in the long run if you consider it in that perspective.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by apriorius View Post
    Fair enough. I thought my post spoke for itself in that I think G Weike is a good factory and I have no reason to think they would deal dishonestly. If the price works for you buy, if not, look elsewhere.

As far as the components being commoditized, I agree. However, assembly is crucial and everything I have read about business in China indicates build quality varies quite a bit from factory to factory. That goes for all tools...read up on some of the posts from that guy who owns Grizzly. So, if you don't mind disassembling and fixing things on a lot of the machine then you should go for the cheapest price you can find. However, I think maybe the 10% would not be worth it in the long run if you consider it in that perspective.
    Their price is OK, but I just figure if it's 20% up over what it was before, I wouldn't mind looking around. If someone else has it for 25% less, and others on here say they have dealt with that company with good success, then I'll probably go that route.

Let's face it - if we weren't shopping price we'd be buying Universal and Epilog. We're all shopping price, so it's a big factor. I wouldn't go with a company I never heard of before but I think there are other companies as good as G. Weike - I know Rabbit/HX have a good name, so I was just curious who else was good so I can shop them on price too.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SRT Mike View Post
    Their price is OK, but I just figure if it's 20% up over what it was before, I wouldn't mind looking around. If someone else has it for 25% less, and others on here say they have dealt with that company with good success, then I'll probably go that route.

Let's face it - if we weren't shopping price we'd be buying Universal and Epilog. We're all shopping price, so it's a big factor. I wouldn't go with a company I never heard of before but I think there are other companies as good as G. Weike - I know Rabbit/HX have a good name, so I was just curious who else was good so I can shop them on price too.
    Sounds good! Let us know how you decide to go and what your experiences are. Only way we can learn is by sharing with each other...makes for less of a crap shoot for those who come after us.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cooperate with you

Dear Sir ,

when I saw you thead ,I think your said is very Funny.We also a chinese laser engraving machine Manufacturer ,we want to build business with you .Pls give me your contact methods.And the things go on

Addition:I think G,WEIKE is a good company ,thank you for your just comment.

Best regards,
    Ms/Li
    Email:sales-cnc-china@hotmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, are they going to cut his head off or hang him? That's how they do it in China, right?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Website?

Quote Originally Posted by zhangrui1588 View Post
    We also a chinese laser engraving machine Manufacturer.
    Ms/Li
    Do you have a website for your company Ms Li ?

KewlKiwi