PCL command error

Thread: PCL command error

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question PCL command error

Hello, I have a pinnacle M series. I just got it a couple of days ago. When I try to print from Corel, after about 20 seconds of engraving it stops and the LCD screen reads PCL command error. What could be causing this. The only way I can fix it it to turn the machine off, and the computer and restart everything. And even then it dont always work again. Any suggestions. Also, my table wont move up, but it will move down. I believe the stepper motor is bad. I hope I didnt buy a lemon, and everything can be fixed. I bought it new from Signwarehouse. Any suggestions should be appreciated! Thanks!!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like a comm error... PCL is Printer Control Language, the commands you're sending over from your PC. Bad memory could also cause such an issue as it reads each command from bad mem... it thinks it received an incorrect command.

Hi-TecDesigns.com -- Automotive Lighting Systems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

MacGyver, is there a way I could check to see if it is a memory issue? Would it be in my computer or the memory buffer inside the laser engraver. Thanks again!

Downloads
    Uploads

It could be either. I am also following this thread on SMC, and the suggestion of Corel creating a few commands the cutter doesn't recognize is quite viable (and more likely, in this case).

Hi-TecDesigns.com -- Automotive Lighting Systems