Using a Laser to add a logo to metal.

Thread: Using a Laser to add a logo to metal.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Using a Laser to add a logo to metal.

So I have some metal I need to put logo's on. And this is going to be a year around thing that I will be doing everyday. The metal is heat treated but I am unsure how hard it is.

I dont need this machine for any cutting. Just engraving logo's on steel. I need to get a machine with at least a 24"X24" table on it. Is a co2 laser what I should be getting? And how powerful do I need to engrave in metal?

I was wondering if its possable to add a Laser head to my cnc router. Maybe put the laser head beside my router and have them both on there always. What do you guys think of that idea?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

can someone please move this to the engraving section. prolly more its way.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the precision necessary for the laser is going to make an seperate laser ideal.

What you need, depends on how deep you want the engraving. co2 will mark steel, but not aluminum. You can check out the epilog or versalaser websites for examples. There are also YaG lasers, which are more for the industrial type use/cutting steel and aluminum.

Downloads
    Uploads

I dont need to engrave any alum or cut any steel. Just need to engrave logo's onto steel plates. I am hoping to engrave deep enough to make it so we can sand blast the blades and the engraving will stay there for awhile.