Flashcut Adaptation to Laser Cutter

Thread: Flashcut Adaptation to Laser Cutter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Flashcut Adaptation to Laser Cutter

I am using a Flachcut CNC system originally bought from Torchmate and now adapted for use with a Synrad T60 laser. I would like to control laser power using the Flashcut Controller Analog I/O card capability normally used for spindle rpm / threading control. I think I have found a way to assign speeds / hence voltage control output based upon level commands in the graphics converted to spindle speed commands in the G-Code but wonder if anyone else has tried to do this.

I'm using Enbgravelab 7.1 and can pretty well configure that any way I want but I would rather use the Flashcut CNC control program instead to do the actual operation as it has all the safety features.

Right now I use multi-passes for power control ( i.e. cut versus engrave ) but would rather use the variable power density control input of my laser. The RF deck is fed by a UC2000 controller.

So, if you know what I'm talking about, please have a look at http://www.pyroplotter.com and if you think there's a way of doing it I'd appreciate your advice. I have not bought the spindle control option card yet.

Other comments welcome also .

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default some information

Hello, I'm working in a simillar proyect DIY and but I couldn't find yet any supplyer to the the cutting laser, please could you tell me where did you buy your laser Synrad T60? how much you pay for that? can you cut steel? what thickness? I'll will really apreciate your answer.

Many thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default back online

Quote Originally Posted by hoyospetrola View Post
    Hello, I'm working in a simillar proyect DIY and but I couldn't find yet any supplyer to the the cutting laser, please could you tell me where did you buy your laser Synrad T60? how much you pay for that? can you cut steel? what thickness? I'll will really apreciate your answer.

Many thanks
    I've been offline from the site for a while and did not know you had asked a question. If it's still useful info the T60 I bought from Laser Resale on eBay. They had 6 of them and I got the last one. The 10W laser, the J48 I bought directly from Synrad. I will be selling the 10W some time soon now that I have my system finished and running well.

No I don't cut any metals, and don't think the T60 would cut steel in any case. I cut wood up to 1 inch thick though it is pretty slow at that thickness. Mostly I work in baltic birch plywood and poplar board. Many of my works are 1/4 inch assemblies and poplar is great to work with at 30 watts.

Hope this helps...

Wil

PS: web site is http://www.pyroplotter.com