X3 to G code

Thread: X3 to G code

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default X3 to G code

I do most of my work in X3 but sometimes want to use it on CNC plasma cutter. How do I do it or what program do I need to convert .cdr to .dfx that works?? When I export out of X3 to .dfx then import it to torchmate cad I get a very distorted image and can't do a tool path.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I asked a similar question here a while back. I also use CorelDraw X3. I export the cdr file as a dxf like you said. Once I have the dxf, I have to open that dxf in AutoCAD to manually edit the drawing. That's the only way I can get AP100 (Amada Laser cutting software) to generate the NC code. Otherwise my computer locks up because there are too many points in the drawing. The drawing needs to be made up of lines, arcs, circles, etc. not splines which is what CorelDraw seems to do with the dxf.

Sorry I couldn't help you more. I had the same problem. Basically have use AutoCAD to trace the existing dxf.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try not to use x3 files, in most of machines I have seen , you have to work in corel 11 or 12, I use x3 for design and then save it as 12. Same if you want to work with Vista instead of XP windows.
    Luis