LaserCutter for architectural modells

Thread: LaserCutter for architectural modells

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default LaserCutter for architectural modells

Hej,

our office plans to buy a LC for making scale-modells out of wood, cardboard,
    plexi,...

I have two offers on my desk:

-Epilog Legend 36EXT with a 30W laser (20.000 euro)
    -Universal X660 50W laser including ventilation for the same price

You have experience in that field (modellmaking)?
    Which machine would you recommend?

Thank you for helping out!

Bernhard

Similar Threads:

hi just my 2 cents worth i have only done a few models on a architectural scale for a customer however i will say that i own and legend ext with the 60 watt laser and i love it customer support is unbelievable and the craftsmanship is exceptional i also own a Chinese rabbit laser and honestly you could not pay me to own another

"The best things said should be written in stone"
    Colton www.coltonscustoms.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Coltons customs, I own a chinesse machine from Zhongtai, I have some clients of architectural models and other making ship models , my machine is very good at it, 60 w also, but my question is about your Rabbit laser, what is your opinion on that machine? , Im planning to buy one Rabbit 120x90.
    Thanks
    Luis

Red face

hello lamicron

i guess over all my opinion is not the highest the machine now works decent however as far as the condition i received it in is another story i spent about an hour at the hardware store purchashing nuts and bolts and screws to just get the thing to be sturdy as that the manufacturer did not tighten some had stripped some out and just plain not installed some of them , if you buy one plan on getting another laser as my first one was broke in shipping and the second i ordered did not seem to work as it should however the third time was a charm customer support is far from none as the manual is in Chinese and no one at the manufacturer seems to understand English the software that they send with will not support vector files so i have to export files from corel draw into another program and convert them to a pdx file to cut them over all once i figured it out it works great but the time i spent figuring it out was lost proffit if i would have not had my epilog to produce results. hope i helped and not hindered

"The best things said should be written in stone"
    Colton www.coltonscustoms.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I pass trhough all that problems too, but I think for the price it is ok. Now I put to work 4 machines for other people from different chineese brands, they are almost the same machine the difference is that ones make it a little better thanthe others. But that thing about loosen screws ... is true, they dont use wrenches or screwdrivers?? And the chinese manuals??? thats crazy!! I have 3 softwares and use the old one is very simple and works ok for vectors, if you need I can send it to you,
    Thanks for the answer
    Luis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just got a Rabbit HX3040 and after I figured out how to turn it on to test it it has been doing a beautiful job on engraving wood, acrylic and glass. I plan to make scale furniture (1:12 and 1:48 inch) and kits as well as some fine art engraving. I am on a tight budget and this was the ONLY way I could get a laser machine for just some supplemental income and I was very impressed with the way it was packed and the machine I received seems to be very well built. It seems there isn't much quality control and one experience doesn't translate to another. 3 machines from the same manufacturer might good, bad or indifferent!

BTW - I am trying to translate the Chinglish instructions that came with the machine and also to include a couple of things that would have been helpful to me when I set the machine up. There is one button on the control panel that is not labeled and a switch inside the machine, also not labeled. I am not sure what the inside switch does yet. But unless you depress that control panel button when testing, the machine wouldn't fire and I thought there was something wrong. Hope to rectify some of these problems so it could be a bit more understandable to other newbies. Only have worked with my new machine for a few days but I am very impressed. I work in Illustrator or PhotoShop, export files as PNG to NewlyDraw and it seems to be fine. I had a little trouble with DFX for some reason and I know those should work as well.

Jacqui Goddess of Chaos, gsolfot
    Rabbit HX3040