Need Help! Trumpf Laser Cutting Troubleshooting....

Thread: Trumpf Laser Cutting Troubleshooting....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Trumpf Laser Cutting Troubleshooting....

I am having problems with my 2002 Trumatic L2520 Plasma Laser. I have checked and made sure it was nothing with the program I am trying to run. Half way through running this program, it came to a hole to cut and the head went down to the sheet, stopped, assit gas turns on but then it just idles in that position. The laser beam does not turn on nor does it continue with the program. It just idles with the gas on. I have tried reprogramming to start where it left off and tried new programs to start at different parts of the sheet to see if anything made a difference. Does anyone have any ideas? I am not sure if it has something to do with the chiller and water pressure, which I know will affect the cutting if water pressure is off. The machine does not go into any alarm or anything, so I have no idea what to look for. I looked to make sure all connections are tight with nothing loose.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Trumpf Laser Cutting Troubleshooting....

Is this hole different from the others in some way?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Trumpf Laser Cutting Troubleshooting....

no, same as majority of all the other holes. very weird and still haven't figured out what caused this. Believe it or not shutting the machine completely down and turning it back on solved the problem. Machine tends to act a little funny sometimes, plus it's a 2002 so it is definitely more tempermental than the newer ones. If anyone has any ideas what can cause the laser to act that way, please respond. Would still like to know if anyone else has had this problem or something similar.

Thanks