Downloads
    Uploads

Question Correct Laser controller

Good day, im slowing building my own laser cutter, actually I have:

1- Co2 45w laser tube
    2- Optics and Mirrors
    3- Motors and Driver
    4- Mechanical interface

My next buy its going to be the laser controller (the one you hook all motors and tube pins and do the magic connected with the pc).

The problem its that I only found with display variants, that cost +300usd. But in my country the import limit its 150usd and I really no need the display.
    Anyone have any good control board/controller for that price limit? I was looking at this one:

https://www.banggood.com/USB-CNC-4-A...r_warehouse=CN

But its seems its not to proffesionnal, its more for hobbys, and I can go bigger in price.
    Extra info:
    - 2 axis, axis X with 2 motors (3 motors total)
    - I can design in autocad (the software need to be taken in account to select controller?)

Thanks for you time, I hope I can show you the machine when its done

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Correct Laser controller

Smoothie board or it's compatibles? That's what I'm using with my build BUT mine's not complete so I can't say how good it is in actual use. I have 2 steppers on my x axis and testing shows they work well. Depends on the current rating of your steppers too seeing as you've already bought them.

Edit: just noticed you've got drivers too. Current limit obviously not a concern then

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Correct Laser controller

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
    Smoothie board or it's compatibles? That's what I'm using with my build BUT mine's not complete so I can't say how good it is in actual use. I have 2 steppers on my x axis and testing shows they work well. Depends on the current rating of your steppers too seeing as you've already bought them.

Edit: just noticed you've got drivers too. Current limit obviously not a concern then

Thanks, I found this laser-cutter-guide [Smoothieware] , will read carefully when I have time.

Im trying to look for them in Ebay and aliexpress but found like 30 different "Smoothie board" without branding and little technical information. Maybe I'm failing in something, what Im looking exactly in these boards? I want to have a lot room for improvement, so the best I can fit in a 150usd order, the better.