Need Help! 2.5w Laser engraver controler problem

Thread: 2.5w Laser engraver controler problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2.5w Laser engraver controler problem

Hello guys,

I basically burned a 2.5w laser module controler board... i think it was the
    MCP6002I, SN
    microchip.
    I found and bought on the internet two of then so i can change, but i really dont know if it was that chip - i need to wait them arrive , change and test; and if this is not the problem try another solution or even buy another laser... wait arraive; setup it... and all of that - and this worries me because i have a lot of work to do with the laser.

Searching the web, i notice there are some lasers without controler board... and i was thinking that the controller board was "just" to control PWM and TTL option.
    Well, i´m not using any of then beause my CNC controller board cannot do it - i need only solid lines. I plugged the laser on the controller relay, and control it turnning ON and OFF this switch with M5 and M3 G-codes.

So, i was thinking: Can I skip the laser controller board and plug the diode direct to the 12v font?

I´d do this test right on, but i can damage it more if i cannot do like this way. Well, in my mind the diode is just a powerfull lamp, as the laser pointers but stronger, and all of then we can light on connectiong straight to the energy.
    So, if anyone can help me i´d appreciatte a lot!

Thanks!