Need Help! Laser Co2 tube looks working but nothing comes out!!??

Thread: Laser Co2 tube looks working but nothing comes out!!??

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Laser Co2 tube looks working but nothing comes out!!??

Hello guys,
    I have a 100w laser tube (Reci) in my machine for 4 years now. I don't use it often, I probably use the tube for 20 or 30 hours.
    The miliampmeter indicate 30mA as usual, the "beam" is visible and looks normal but nothing comes out of the tube.
    Last time I used my machine, some month ago, I noticed that it as problem to cut some wood that was easy to cut in the beginning.
    Last time, I changed the mirror and final lense, I checked the setting of each mirror but it still had problem to cut as deep as usual.
    So it looks that my problem is not new but now it is so big that I could leave my hand in front of the tube...
    If you know something about my problem, it would be nice

Nicolas

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser Co2 tube looks working but nothing comes out!!??

Your amperage looks good, I do think you need to recharge it, or replace it it with a new RECI tube, if you have an access to helium gas it`s so easy to refill it, I tried it once but helium gas on our country is so expensive that it`s cheaper to order another new tube, the nice thing about refilling is that you can actually custom mix the gases and you can tune it for optimum power specially if you had an amp meter already.

Downloads
    Uploads

ok, so it is normal to loose gas? I have to look for that, no idea ifI can find helium it and how to do it. Anyway, thanks

I just take a quick look but it doesn't look to be easy to refill and it is not only helium but a secret mix...

Last edited by gurt300; 01-09-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gurt300 View Post
    ok, so it is normal to loose gas? I have to look for that, no idea ifI can find helium it and how to do it. Anyway, thanks
    Yep it`s normal, few years back we order 10 tubes to save shipping cost, and it`s really a bad idea to stock laser tubes for it`s prone to just deteriorate itself, the moment you use it, it`s already under powered, we replace tubes every 6-8 months because were using our laser machines on a daily basis, sometimes out of 10 tubes four is busted the two are under powered, right now were ordering only 2 tubes, the freshly manufactured RECI laser tube had an optimum power compared to let`s just say you keep it for a year, the moment you used it, it`s either under powered already or just light up but no beam anymore.

The moment I break the glass charging port there`s still gas pressure in it, I think it just react to the other gas mixed on it and deteriorates itself.