Problem 130w co2 laser LOSS OF POWER - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 130w co2 laser LOSS OF POWER

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cya_alex View Post
    Hello all and thank you for the time you spend to read my thread.
    I am Alex from Romania.
    I am watching this forum for a long time and read a lot, from this forum i got ideas and bulit a cnc router 2 years ago, it's a beast 2x1.5 meters nema 34 stepper motors 2.2 kw spindle, it works nice and had no issues with it also built a lot of cool stuf with this thing.
    Regarding the router i wanted a co2 laser, because i had no spare time any more with my job and small bussines in woodworking and props, all beacause of you guys.
    So i had bought on ebay a co2 laser 130w 1390 from Vevor .

I worked the hell out of it for the last 7-8 months. until hell broke lose and came to my laser. So here are my problems.

From the begining the lower right side of the table it wouldn't pass through the material all the way evrey time, or it had small points were it would't pass al the way through, it didn't botther me as i had the rest of the table to work with.

Now the only place that it passes all the way through is the left upper size of the table.

I did the following steps to figure out this problem.

Aligned the body of the machine so that is leveled as much as i could because the chasis was not welded right it will never be leveld perfectly, it has a warp from bottom left to upper right.

Aligned the tube, mirrors, so on my 4 corners of the table the dot is spot on the center of the third mirror
    Aligned the lens so that the beam is perfectly perpendicular with the last mirror
    I did these steps probably 4 or 5 times now maybe more
    The honey comb is perfectly leveled and paralel with the head precision is about -0.2/+0.3

To me it seems that the laser still punches power but if i test a piece of acrylic on the left part of table and right part of table, same material same power no lens on. I press the pulse button and keep it presed. in the left part of table it passes throuhg it in 5 sec while in the right it passes it in 10 sec.

Oh and also changed mirrors and lens, same results.

If anyone somehow may help me with any info any ideeas i'll apreciate that.

I don't know what else to try or due. I'm out of ideas and i need this laser to work.
    Also if anyone in Europe from who i can buy spare parts for the laser hope for god no tube or power supply )

Thank you all

Let's crack the problem.
    Buna Alex, this is Saeed from Tirgoviste.
    This is what recently I was facing to.
    First of all the Vevor is a horrible brand. I began with this brand then I choosed another brand, then all the 1390 laser machines have the same problem, right down side problem, means the laser beam is weaker in that area, you have to use more power, if you are going to cut a big piece and in the left up corner for example for HDF 3mm. you need 20% power and 40mm/second then make the speed half or raise the power.
    The problem is coming from the longer distance between mirrors, another solution is to align the mirrors very accurately(which is not easy for Chinese machines) and also use the better mirrors, the silicon ones with gold...
    Or to buy another higher power laser tube that is a cost.
    So I believe or use only upper left corner to cut or if the job is big then reduce the speed half.
    I have some little spare parts and years of knowledge, if you need me it will be my pleasure to give you a hand.
    Call me by 0727309414, available also on WhatsApp.
    Astept pe tine!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPilyak View Post
    My friend, just buy a new laser Seriously ... there's no point in repairing them if they already fail. Okay, you could have changed the details, but you probably had the whole system broken...
    Anther Subject which I forgot to say is the leveling your bed. Measure the distance between your laser head
    and the surface of your bed, if not leveled then level it, it's so easy. By the way I don't know if you already have fixed this issue and plus everything I said here is for the condition of having a good tube. First of all the tube should be checked.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys,

Thank you for the responds first of all, and here is what i found out and what i did.

Brought the hole laser body back on it-s wheels an leveled it again with the screw legs that it has. Now ass i said in my first post one corner of the body is not as the same as the others(it is about 4 to 5mm upeer than the other 3) Bad welding of the frame not beeing aligned well maybe. So i have 3 corners laser hits spot on and the lower right corner the dot is lower and a bit to the right by 4/5mm. the place where it didn,t cut so well from the begining.
    Aligned the beam on mirrors and lens. still no cut.

And as i sat down on my chair and think what the hell do i do next lit a cigarret and i was loking through the right visit door of the laser i saw that my head was not parallel to the gantry.
    So with lens on the beam hit middle and with lens of the beem was actualy going to the front of the machine, so my beam hit the lens at an angle and come out at an angle.
    I set the head parallel checked it with and without lens, both times in the middle.
    Took the honey comb out cleaned it and leveled it again .

The laser cuts much better except the lower corner were the body is up and the laser beam moves and it does come out at an angle.

In conclusion the head was the fault and bent body.

But still had to lower the speed of the cut after i did all this, the cut is good and clean.
    So i measured the wall plug from where i power the laser , and the damn thing has 190v not 220v. Infact my hole workshop has 190v now and the reason is that here is winter time and it seems like a lot of my neighbours use electric heaters and are actually overloading the grid.
    So the power loss is there but i think it is from the power grid. I am aware that also the tube lost some power after all the work it did but man it-s to soon for it to shut down.

I will try one day to straighten the body hope i won,t ruin it more than it is.
    Overall yesterday was a good day. to bad my wall plugs have 190v
    Hi there.
    With 130w I usually cut the 4mm. One side laminated HDF :
    POWER: 20%
    SPEED: 30/35 mm./second
    (My tube has many hours on it and not new)

Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone that has a 130 w laser i am curios what is your speed and power for 4mm plywood?
    Hi there.
    With 130w I usually cut the 4mm. One side laminated HDF :
    POWER: 20%
    SPEED: 30/35 mm./second
    (My tube has many hours on it and not new)
    For plywood is almost the same.
    You can try from up to down power and down to up speed and find the best ratio. Please also always check the density of wood. For this I cut 100x100mm. or smaller pieces of all plywoods I usually buy and weight them by a little digital scale. Some are double weighted!so I have to change the speed and the power..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12