DIY CO2 build

Thread: DIY CO2 build

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DIY CO2 build

Hello all, thanks for hosting such an informative forum! I have been doing allot of research on building a CO2 laser but I have a couple questions that I'm sure the pros here will have some good insight into.

1) I have a 3D printer so I am familiar with the similarities between a CNC laser and the printer as far as the hardware goes and all that but when it comes to ordering parts like the tracks for everything to run on what is a good source in the US? Also what would you recommend for the style of track for the gantry?

2) The biggest area I've been trying to do research on is the controller and related parts, I'm not a programmer but I am willing to learn what I need to get this done. What controller would you recommend for installation on the unit? I have no idea what would be best for a hobby laser to control it that wouldn't be too tedious to use. I've read about smoothie, as well as k40 whisper ( sounds like this is only useful in the cheap Chinese lasers) and using a raspberry pi. But I haven't figured out where to get a controller with an LCD and all the other parts. I want something that can control a rotary unit as well.

Thanks again for any help or suggestions!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DIY CO2 build

Check out openbuilds.com For various machine concepts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you plan to purchase CO2 laser kit like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mech...ceBeautifyAB=0

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dean448 View Post
    Check out openbuilds.com For various machine concepts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I didn't know about that resource. I've been going over allot of the builds there and there is a good amount of info!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    Do you plan to purchase CO2 laser kit like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mech...ceBeautifyAB=0
    That kit looks interesting, I have not looked into AliExpress, I wonder how good the quality is. I was planning on building it myself but if a kit like this could work I'm open to it.