Thunder Laser Mars 130 - Invalid file error

Thread: Thunder Laser Mars 130 - Invalid file error

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thunder Laser Mars 130 - Invalid file error

We have a relatively new Thunder Laser Mars 130, and we're running it off of RDWorks8. I've run a bunch of jobs just fine, and wanted to start making material samples every time I cut a new material. So I made a file with a grid of squares and set all the squares up in RDWorks to have different power/speed settings. This way I can run this file on any material and have a visual guide to the appropriate power/speed settings for that material. I thought it was a pretty good idea, but the machine absolutely will not cooperate. No matter what I do, the machine powers up the fans and just sits there. Laser does not turn on. Eventually I noticed that the LCD screen has the following error:
    Invalid file
    Please pause

Does anyone know what might be triggering this, or how I can get around it? I've cut files plenty of times that were more complex that this, but never something with so many different power/speed settings. I do find that deleting half of my shapes will allow the file to run, but when I tried to isolate a particular problem shape, or a particular number of different power/speed settings (aka "priority layers"? or line colors?), I couldn't find any rhyme or reason.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Josh